Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model Y VIN allocated last week and delivery is on track for Aug.
Does anyone know if I can sell my MY before delivery? A reluctant sale as I am no longer financially stable.
You may be able to sell it privately however I've heard Tesla will black list you if you pre sell an order. Just cancel the reservation and let whoever is next in line take the next allocation

Got my Model Y VIN allocated last week and delivery is on track for Aug.
Does anyone know if I can sell my MY before delivery? A reluctant sale as I am no longer financially stable.
I spoke with Tesla this morning, they are aware this happens and I don’t believe it is an issue. If you are open to selling we would be more than happy to pay for your allocation as we have a baby on the way and cannot wait for the car on the current wait times

Speak with Tesla and ask someone in the know as opposed to third hand speculation from peoples best friends brother of a cab driver.
This is from Tesla upon request, 12 months ago.
Tesla do not care what you do once the vehicle is in your name. You may be flagged for multiple on sales prior to delivery , without genuine reason. They will contact you if necessary.
But don't believe a word I have written just make a phone call to confirm.
Sell away for a profit. Don't cancel and lose your $350. That's a bad business decision when finances are an issue. Good luck👍

Reactions: Australia
Speak with Tesla and ask someone in the know as opposed to third hand speculation from peoples best friends brother of a cab driver.
This is from Tesla upon request, 12 months ago.
Tesla do not care what you do once the vehicle is in your name. You may be flagged for multiple on sales prior to delivery , without genuine reason. They will contact you if necessary.
But don't believe a word I have written just make a phone call to confirm.
Sell away for a profit. Don't cancel and lose your $350. That's a bad business decision when finances are an issue. Good luck👍
One of the Tesla staff actually told me that I could sell my model 3 on order for a profit once he figured that my Model Y was coming soon.

Reactions: TSELA