Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really depends on if you have 3 phase and if you need 11kw charging speeds vs 7kw.

7kw will recharge the whole car overnight typically
Only single phase at my home. Obviously, I'm not a qualified electrician, but I was just wondering if there is a possibility of a 32A fuse (on a 32A line) triggering with a the charger unit drawing 32A (max), or if there is a certain level of tolerance.

Only single phase at my home. Obviously, I'm not a qualified electrician, but I was just wondering if there is a possibility of a 32A fuse (on a 32A line) triggering with a the charger unit drawing 32A (max), or if there is a certain level of tolerance.

I'm no sparky and not in OZ but I think its typical to wire for 20% over constant requirement so 40A wire, not sure on fuse

Put it on your sparky to solve. The install is pretty straight forward when you read the instructions, you need to config the unit with the temporary wifi it comes with.
I've got single phase, and had a dedicated 32A line installed. No issues.

Put it on your sparky to solve. The install is pretty straight forward when you read the instructions, you need to config the unit with the temporary wifi it comes with.
I've got single phase, and had a dedicated 32A line installed. No issues.
Yes, this - tell the electrician it will be a 32A continuous load for several hours - they will take that, look at the length of the run required and figure out the right cable gauge and breaker.

(FWIW my electrician used a 40A breaker).

Would recommend cheapest option for charging (both installation and ongoing) is to Get a 7kW tail for your UMC (universal mobile connector - "Granny charger") and wire it into the offpeak/ Controlled load circuit. The UMC will start charging automatically when the controlled load turns on the Gen2 wall connector would go into fault mode and had to be disconnected and reconnected to start. Not sure about the Gen3 Wall connector.

Also, Red RWD order time 11:50am still waiting for vin

Reactions: Maximillan
Would recommend cheapest option for charging (both installation and ongoing) is to Get a 7kW tail for your UMC (universal mobile connector - "Granny charger") and wire it into the offpeak/ Controlled load circuit.
Note that in most distribution areas you aren't allowed to wire a socket to a controlled load meter, you'd have to wire it in.

Again depending on the distribution area there may be very little cost advantage to the controlled load tariff over the time-of-use off-peak tariff, and an obvious flexibility disadvantage to the controlled load.

M
Unfortunately I didn't get an order confirmation, only a welcome to Tesla email the next day. No SMS and my bank statement doesn't show time, only the day. I'm doomed!!!!!!!
Did you order performance model? i didn’t get the Oder sms confirmation either and was told that’s because I chose performance model, whihc seems to not receiving sms? Atleast that’s what Tesla dealership person told me. Unless anyone else with performance model has received text.

M

Did you order performance model? i didn’t get the Oder sms confirmation either and was told that’s because I chose performance model, whihc seems to not receiving sms? Atleast that’s what Tesla dealership person told me. Unless anyone else with performance model has received text.
I ordered a MYP and didn't receive my order confirmation via SMS either; email only

M

you can download order agreement and view properties to see when it was created. Should be your order time.