Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Mrs is the same with the Ice. We fill up in Costco which is around 10ish KM from our place (fuel price is cheaper there), and she would only fill up when the car is at under 15-20 KM... I would hyperventilate if this is the case, while she would just be relaxed and say there's always the back up tank. :D

I have a feeling she would fit in the Tesla just fine, which is good because she most likely would daily drive the MY :p
You are lucky atleast your misses looks at the fuel gauge, my wife never looks at fuel gauge . Lucky she won't like driving long distance. I will make sure our car is always full

i am in kinda trick situation here. Order placed on company name, invoice and vehicle registration (i have not yet filled/returned it back to tesla yet) is under company name however situation arises where i may need to change it from company name to my own name - hope i can sort this and i may not need to do it but in worst scenario i may have to. Has anyone done something similar like this at this scenario? TIA.
Is there any particular reason you want to be on your name , not that I want to know your personal circumstances but I am registering car on company name and want to know if there any cons of doing it as I only started my company few months ago

Is there any particular reason you want to be on your name , not that I want to know your personal circumstances but I am registering car on company name and want to know if there any cons of doing it as I only started my company few months ago
Without knowing the situation, there are some instances where your personal income exceeds your company income e.g. a property sale, investment income, inheritance or the company isn’t making much money for whatever reason..
a good accountant will guide you on this subject to your current situation as fringe benefit tax is also a consideration given the new laws…

Without knowing the situation, there are some instances where your personal income exceeds your company income e.g. a property sale, investment income, inheritance or the company isn’t making much money for whatever reason..
a good accountant will guide you on this subject to your current situation as fringe benefit tax is also a consideration given the new laws…
Thanks , my account already suggested to register on company name , but I am new to this game and only filed on BAS so want to make sure I am not missing someone's perspective that's all

Not knowing your situation, but I was also thinking of having my company buy the car for my personal use so I could write it off and not have to pay FBT under the new legislation. But the question remained as to what happens after/if the FBT exemption ends.

I went the novated lease route instead, which allows the car to come into my possession at the end of the lease term while still making full use of the FBT exemption.

Not knowing your situation, but I was also thinking of having my company buy the car for my personal use so I could write it off and not have to pay FBT under the new legislation. But the question remained as to what happens after/if the FBT exemption ends.

I went the novated lease route instead, which allows the car to come into my possession at the end of the lease term while still making full use of the FBT exemption.
Only problem with novated lease is interest rate which is about 12% , I am planning to put full cash on car since I am not eligible yet for loan due to business being not 1yr old .

My current car was on novated lease till last yr , I did a lot of of calculations, will workout ok but not upto the savings that you see on the quote . It almost works out equal to paying cash end of the day but you won't need cash upfront

I am pretty sure SA's have access to a GPS tracking system to find out where our cars are, whether they are on a vessel or still in China. That's what I was shown and advised when i ordered my M3 last year.
I don't think they will share that information out, they will be bombarded with calls and possibly threats if they start revealing that information out to customers
But I think to have a automated email when cars get loaded onto ships would be something Tesla should look into as people need to organise finances and plans.

Tesla need to realise that they are no longer a novelty brand for Elon Musk fans , they are now a mainstream mass market car Brand

The reason is that the charging speed greatly reduces as the state of charge increases. So it may take 5 minutes to add 100km when charge is low, but if you are at 80% it may take 60 minutes to add that last 100km.

You can charge for longer, it is just less efficient. (and not polite if you don't really need it and other people are waiting)
or to reword this. it Works the same as a smart phone - it will Fast charge to x% (usually 80%) and then trickle feed for the remaining topup. -- Everyone here talks about TeslaBjorn - he loves pointing this out on in his charge tests. ... there's also some logic behind not using Superchargers ALL THE TIME for battery health and degredation but take that with a grain of salt.