Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many times a day do you check the Tesla App?
I've become obsessed with this thing!!
1660022137563.png

I check this many times

I'm suddenly not regretting waiting a month to order my Model Y

That's from last year? All Model Y RWD have the 60kWh LFP battery.

Word around is it's RWD. But I tend to agree. Probably LR
Maybe It could come in both dual motor and RWD. If I had a family and wanted an EV with range, I would be happy with a RWD LR if it means we can make the family road trip distance.
I think MY buyers are a lot less performance focused than the M3 market. Also the general public doesn’t really care for performance. Hence all the really slow ICE cars going around.

Maybe It could come in both dual motor and RWD. If I had a family and wanted an EV with range, I would be happy with a RWD LR if it means we can make the family road trip distance.
I think MY buyers are a lot less performance focused than the M3 market. Also the general public doesn’t really care for performance. Hence all the really slow ICE cars going around.
Agree. Realistically, "SUV" is a baby chariot. A bit of punch is nice. But I have my v8 ICE for that... For now a bit more range would be nice. So hopefully it's RWD standard

I'm suddenly not regretting waiting a month to order my Model Y
I wouldn't worry. There's always something newer around the corner.

Also I'd be very dubious that they'd be sticking these into the 'standard range'. Almost certainly they'll reserve these cells for a non-performance long range model. Also by the time next year comes around the 7% inflation will have added thousands to the car.

I wouldn't worry. There's always something newer around the corner.

Also I'd be very dubious that they'd be sticking these into the 'standard range'. Almost certainly they'll reserve these cells for a non-performance long range model. Also by the time next year comes around the 7% inflation will have added thousands to the car.
F inflation. The excuse to make more money. I pre-ordered already. In July. So feb-may

My Mrs is the same with the Ice. We fill up in Costco which is around 10ish KM from our place (fuel price is cheaper there), and she would only fill up when the car is at under 15-20 KM... I would hyperventilate if this is the case, while she would just be relaxed and say there's always the back up tank.
my wife used to freak out when the corolla got close to the light
when it was near empty it still had at least 100k to go

we moved and live no where near close or convenient to the petrol station

now the other day i get in the car to go to the shops and the light is on

ask wife when did the light come on ?

oh yeh sometime yesterday

yeh but you drove around the world yesterday

you said not to worry about the light

yeh thats when the petrol station was around the corner , not now when the petrol station is miles away

Doesn't sound too good for MYP orders, saw the UK folks have been waiting for more than 6-7 months. Some even look like 13 months.
I wonder if HK has any of the MYP delivered. As far as I know UK, HK, AU are getting these from Giga Shanghai