Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo my MY is on the RAV register as of 12:30pm. Bring on my delivery date Tesla! It must have been on the Morning Crystal.
View attachment 839476
Wow Morning Crystal 6,125 cars. Having 6,215 cars sitting on the tarmac at PK while Telsa slow roll deliveries would a huge liability on someone's balance sheet. Are the cars at PK under cover or in the open and if in the open under hail blankets?

Ohhhh…. gorgeous!! 😍 Congratulations!
Makes me want to change my order to red!

Is it just me, or does the red on the MY’s look brighter than the M3’s? Do you know if they’ve changed the paint? (or am I hallucinating? 🤔)

It definitely looks nicer in this photo! I switched from white to blue after I test drove the Y - the blue on the Y looked so good (whereas I thought it looked just ok on the 3 for some reason).

Reactions: *Sparkles*
You can't judge the actual colour based on the photo. The camera that originally took the phone and the screen you're looking both do their own interpretation of the colour. You'll need to see it in person, preferably side by side.
Funny you should say that.... I saw them side by side the other day at my local Tesla centre, and thought the red on the M3 looked a bit darker than the MY. Seeing @muddie's pic just reminded me 😋

Reactions: Maximillan
FYI; on the Tesla Model Y unconfirmed there is a big hole for the A/C under the front seat. If a marble or something goes in the hole, it makes noise while you are driving, and removal is not trivial. Just in case this is true, I purchased some grills for my wife's new car - just did a Google search. She is still waiting for Tesla delivery. The grills arrived about a week ago.

1660376143524.png

FYI; on the Tesla Model Y unconfirmed there is a big hole for the A/C under the front seat. If a marble or something goes in the hole, it makes noise while you are driving, and removal is not trivial. Just in case this is true, I purchased some grills for my wife's new car - just did a Google search. She is still waiting for Tesla delivery. The grills arrived about a week ago.

View attachment 840417
Thanks for sharing, another thing to purchase. Sometimes it seems unescapable to think we are purchasing the cheapest cars out the. 😕

Reactions: KMQ007
Fwiw, my Outlander has the same vents and no cover. I think it's pretty much standard. That being said, can't be expensive to add a 5 cent plastic piece to a 70k car
yeah, but once you put in anything with the word "Tesla" on it, the price multiplied like crazy. That $0.05 air vent was sold from anywhere from $6 to $30 odd. Same with anything else, a car trash can (generic) can be double priced with "Tesla" logo emblazoned on it.

Last edited: