Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree ceramic coating makes car easy to clean , but how long. Usually they only last for a year or two depending on the use of the car. If car is mostly garaged they stay clean anyway unless it rains . Most of Australian city cars never gets exposed harsh conditions if it snows or gets driven on unsealed roads then ceramic coating is necessary.

May I know how much you paid for ceramic coating and how long is the warranty on it

The warranty on mine is 7 years. If ceramic coating costs much less than $1000 and they don’t keep the car overnight then they aren’t doing it properly.

I live close-ish to a major traffic artery in Sydney as well as under a fligh path, so the amount of crap in the air is, well, disturbing. Even though my car is garaged, it still gets grimy after a few weeks.

Reactions: Maximillan
We use 15amp on separate dedicated 20amp switch
Never trips and we get 26//27 kms per hr
I got electrician to use thicker wire they would normally use if wiring a permanent charger. Not sure if any affect

This has been enough for us so far

Got electrician to quote for 32amp charger but he reckon that I need to update my mains cable since it's only 48amp(6mm cable) and he reckon it would cost me over 1800 altogether for upgrade and run seperate circuit for 32amp. I don't drive much so 32amp is a bit of overkill for me

So I have asked for 15amp and he reckon he can run a seperate circuit for 15amp without upgrading the cable for $350. Currently I have 10amp socket in the Garage with 20amp breaker . Electrician thinks it's kind of overloaded and it would trip if I plug multiple things in garage while charging

He showed me Tesla's recommendation on manual not to plug anything else on the same socket. Does anyone have any issues with frequent tripping when charging the car . I mostly decided to go with 15amp just for piece of mind but just want to see if there real benefit of paying as we are planning to move out of this early next year

We use 15amp on separate dedicated 20amp switch
Never trips and we get 26//27 kms per hr
I got electrician to use thicker wire they would normally use if wiring a permanent charger. Not sure if any affect

This has been enough for us so far
I am planning to do the same , I think 26/27 KMs per hour is more than enough for me . I think seperate circuit is better idea so it won't overload rest of the circuits

Thanks , hopefully mine would be ok

The warranty on mine is 7 years. If ceramic coating costs much less than $1000 and they don’t keep the car overnight then they aren’t doing it properly.

I live close-ish to a major traffic artery in Sydney as well as under a fligh path, so the amount of crap in the air is, well, disturbing. Even though my car is garaged, it still gets grimy after a few weeks.
So with ceramic coating there won't be much dust deposited on the car or it's just easy to clean? My car usually parked in carport and current Mazda with same colour only stays clean for about a week after good wash

What I found was that after a wash it’s super shiny
We had a Subaru for 16 years that had ceramic costing done by the dealer
After that time the body still looked as good as new

Maybe it was the original factory paint maybe it was the coating applied, maybe both. I found it much easier to clean every time anyway

So with ceramic coating there won't be much dust deposited on the car or it's just easy to clean? My car usually parked in carport and current Mazda with same colour only stays clean for about a week after good wash

What I found was that after a wash it’s super shiny
We had a Subaru for 16 years that had ceramic costing done by the dealer
After that time the body still looked as good as new

Maybe it was the original factory paint maybe it was the coating applied, maybe both. I found it much easier to clean every time anyway
Do you apply any other products like wax or polish or shine is from ceramic coating?

I see that the EDD has disappeared from the app. But on the web I see that message under next steps. But on the right hand side my EDD still sates the same date range,.
My EDD now disappeared , previously it was 26 aug-9sep. And it says this on my account page

As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
I agree ceramic coating makes car easy to clean , but how long. Usually they only last for a year or two depending on the use of the car. If car is mostly garaged they stay clean anyway unless it rains . Most of Australian city cars never gets exposed harsh conditions if it snows or gets driven on unsealed roads then ceramic coating is necessary.

May I know how much you paid for ceramic coating and how long is the warranty on it
The main reason for me to have ceramic coating on my current car is to prevent damage from bird droppings.
Btw MY showed up in RAV. In Vic.

I see that the EDD has disappeared from the app. But on the web I see that message under next steps. But on the right hand side my EDD still sates the same date range,.
@enabler, mine has changed to this also. May just be a change to Tesla wording for everyone, rather than a warning to get everything in order, as my Y isn't due until Feb - May '23.

Will be interesting to see if everyone else has the same message...