Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with ceramic coating there won't be much dust deposited on the car or it's just easy to clean?

Both. I recently drove some backroads to Lightning Ridge and spent half an hour being covered in dust from the road train churning ahead of me, but very little of that dust stayed on the car and it still looked ridiculously clean after. The glass was the dirtiest bit. Also not a lot of bug splatter on the front after driving almost 3000 km, and that was very easy to wash off.

Maybe I missed it on all the online Tesla talk but MIC MY has a single piece rear cast... I thought only Texas and Berlin were currently doing casting with Freemont and I assumed China were using sheet metal. I wonder if the casts are being shipped to China from Texas ?? Thought you might be interested...

Waiting for your Ys? I have something for you to distract you from checking your phones for SMS every 30 seconds.

From TOCWA: "Today, Harald Murphy & I set off to attempt a 15,000km BIG lap around #Australia in freshly delivered #Tesla #ModelYs. Starting in Perth, Harald will drive counter-clockwise & I clockwise. To follow along on Twitter: @tesla_wa @harald_murphy & Ahead_of_Curve Feeling very grateful. Wish us luck!"

How cool is that! Going around Oz in a RWD Y from WA where there is not a fast charger around every corner. I'll be following them with keen interest to see how they go. They only got delivery of them on Friday and they are off!!!

Reactions: *Sparkles*
Waiting for your Ys? I have something for you to distract you from checking your phones for SMS every 30 seconds.

From TOCWA: "Today, Harald Murphy & I set off to attempt a 15,000km BIG lap around #Australia in freshly delivered #Tesla #ModelYs. Starting in Perth, Harald will drive counter-clockwise & I clockwise. To follow along on Twitter: @tesla_wa @harald_murphy & Ahead_of_Curve Feeling very grateful. Wish us luck!"

How cool is that! Going around Oz in a RWD Y from WA where there is not a fast charger around every corner. I'll be following them with keen interest to see how they go. They only got delivery of them on Friday and they are off!!!
Suggesting that you create your own post. Peeps might be interested to follow them but don't think it's for the waiting room. Thanks for the distraction though 😜