Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the “delivery approaching” sms yesterday. Do we know how long from here to scheduling the actual delivery?
It can be difficult waiting and not knowing what is happening, however people that have already taken delivery of their cars have gone through the same issues. While you are waiting, you could go through previous posts and get a "feeling" for the way in which Tesla delivery process works. Just a thought!

Reactions: hellolala
It can be difficult waiting and not knowing what is happening, however people that have already taken delivery of their cars have gone through the same issues. While you are waiting, you could go through previous posts and get a "feeling" for the way in which Tesla delivery process works. Just a thought!
How long did it take for your order in these last step to get a delivery sms and time ?

Hi folks, thought I'd make my first post as my car delivery approaches as I noticed a few other West Aussies with upcoming EDDs:-

Model Y ordered 2/7/22 for delivery at Osbourne Park, WA
Car build date 15/9
EDD currently 5/11 - 17/11

My car left Shanghai on the Martorell car carrier on 21/9 and was dropped off at Laem Chabang port in Thailand on 3/10 where it currently resides.

It is scheduled to be picked up by the Victorious Ace on 23/10 and then dropped off at the port in Fremantle on 2/11. I suspect my actual delivery date will be towards middle of November.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Hi folks, thought I'd make my first post as my car delivery approaches as I noticed a few other West Aussies with upcoming EDDs:-

Model Y ordered 2/7/22 for delivery at Osbourne Park, WA
Car build date 15/9
EDD currently 5/11 - 17/11

My car left Shanghai on the Martorell car carrier on 21/9 and was dropped off at Laem Chabang port in Thailand on 3/10 where it currently resides.

It is scheduled to be picked up by the Victorious Ace on 23/10 and then dropped off at the port in Fremantle on 2/11. I suspect my actual delivery date will be towards middle of November.

I know we had some 3s come earlier this year with this route but this is the first time Ys have come this way instead of via the transhipment route from Sydney/Melb to Perth Fremantle. I wonder why they didn't stay on the Martorell as that ship does travel to Fremantle and arrived late last week.

I'm pretty sure there is a shipping VIN tracker for that shipping company. I wonder if I can find it again. Edit: found it - to search and see if your car is on a non armacup ship you can check RoRo as that is the other shipping company sometimes used by Tesla

Last edited:
I know we had some 3s come earlier this year with this route but this is the first time Ys have come this way instead of via the transhipment route from Sydney/Melb to Perth Fremantle. I wonder why they didn't stay on the Martorell as that ship does travel to Fremantle and arrived late last week.

I'm pretty sure there is a shipping VIN tracker for that shipping company. I wonder if I can find it again. Edit: found it - to search and see if your car is on a non armacup ship you can check RoRo as that is the other shipping company sometimes used by Tesla
Oh wow, I didn't know you could check what ship your car is on. Is there a way to check for armacup ships?