Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's going on with Tesla? Where are all the boats? :) I can see no update from Vedaprime where he usually posts them publicly on Twitter once the boats arrive.

Looking at the Armacup schedule (noting there are other ships than Armacup with Teslas coming) each was a couple of days late docking but nothing out of the ordinary for busy ports

Don Juan was due to Port Kembla 14/10 but docked 16/10 and departed 18/10. This is the ship that came via NZ then Oz. It's now on it's way back to China DON JUAN, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9082934 - VesselFinder
Turandot was due to Port Kembla 12/10 and arrived 14/10 then Melbourne 16/10 TURANDOT, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9070450 - VesselFinder and is now on it's way back to China and left yesterday

There was a third ship and that's fallen off the schedule but was due just before Don Juan from recollection.

Tesla now has to coordinate an influx that all came within days of each other. SMSs will eventually come as they can. They are not in the business of keeping cars longer than they need to. They need to unload, go through customs etc, go interstate (if required), get stored in a local city, get detailed and then travel in batches from a local storage site each day to the warehouse collection centre.

The Tesla delivery process is slick and shithouse at the same time. It would be barely acceptable if I was spending <$20k.
Interesting isn't it they can get us so eager to hand over a large amount of money for a product that isn't perfect and in the process be so blaze about it.

I've got an MYP on order - am trying to be detached about the whole process but not having much luck 🤣

If I buy a $100k industrial machine it's delivered and installed with care and attention and with excellent post-sales support.

OTOH I get that the staff are run ragged. I've heard from people who work there cost cuts are happening, people getting let go and multiple roles combined so people are worked more for the same or less money. 🫤

For those of u in QLD, I just updated my colour to MSM from Blue and just notice there is a reduction in LCT which resulted in saving of $1623 overall for MYP.
Original price was $107229 (order on launch day). Price today is $105606 after updating colour change.

What price is everyone getting for QLD?

Interesting isn't it they can get us so eager to hand over a large amount of money for a product that isn't perfect and in the process be so blaze about it.
@nick888: it's not that they are blaze about it, it's the way in which the Sales Assistant's (SA) have been trained. @Herston there was a couple of chrome polls with red cord to guide the shlep (me) through the door to the counter (bunnings folding tables) where a few guys were standing around talking with laptops in front of them.

They greet you and ask your name; Program your key card and phone. One then guides you to your vehicle. Presents you with the key card and shows you how to open the car and while you are in sensory overload, asks you if you have any questions, then leave you to it. If you have further questions, you can hunt a SA down. Mostly the SA stand around chatting.

They are in a rental warehouse with zero real costs, employ young guys that know bugger all about the product, other than what can be read in the owner's manual and generally know less in-depth stuff than the customers. Can only imagine what a pittance they are getting paid. All but the most rudimentary questions are met with "book an appointment through the app". Don't get me wrong, I am not disgusted with the SA's as that is the way in which they are trained. They were all pleasant and attentive enough when questioned.

Now I'm going back to bed, to get out the other side! :)

For those of u in QLD, I just updated my colour to MSM from Blue and just notice there is a reduction in LCT which resulted in saving of $1623 overall for MYP.
Original price was $107229 (order on launch day). Price today is $105606 after updating colour change.

I think blue was the most expensive colour?? So there might have been some credit for changing to MSM and some tax changes post June 30th

Did you check your updated order agreement document after changing the colour? Might have lost the unlimited standard connectivity wording for the 8 years one instead. Not a problem if you're not keeping it that long anyway I guess.

Wait times Toyota and Hyundai - Can't order get the Ioniq5 at present
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 1.36.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 1.39.10 pm.png

Reactions: moa999
The
@nick888: it's not that they are blaze about it, it's the way in which the Sales Assistant's (SA) have been trained. @Herston there was a couple of chrome polls with red cord to guide the shlep (me) through the door to the counter (bunnings folding tables) where a few guys were standing around talking with laptops in front of them.

They greet you and ask your name; Program your key card and phone. One then guides you to your vehicle. Presents you with the key card and shows you how to open the car and while you are in sensory overload, asks you if you have any questions, then leave you to it. If you have further questions, you can hunt a SA down. Mostly the SA stand around chatting.

They are in a rental warehouse with zero real costs, employ young guys that know bugger all about the product, other than what can be read in the owner's manual and generally know less in-depth stuff than the customers. Can only imagine what a pittance they are getting paid. All but the most rudimentary questions are met with "book an appointment through the app". Don't get me wrong, I am not disgusted with the SA's as that is the way in which they are trained. They were all pleasant and attentive enough when questioned.

Now I'm going back to bed, to get out the other side! :)
they seem to hire on looks, age ( under 30) and if you have worked in an Apple Store you’re in. If you are older, more experienced you don’t even get a call back after your application..

Oh and if you have a European or American accent , move to the front of the queue.

Last edited: