Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You only need to look at the Model 3 waiting room thread to see that Tesla has been building cars for export much later in the quarter than usual - so previous knowledge about how things were done goes out the window.

This is what I was assuming would happen, that Q4 would be like Q3 where there was exports all 3 months to spread out logistics instead of the previous normal of first 2mths export and final month local builds.

can we delay delivery or will we need to cancel and re-order and loose the deposit paid?
What was the expected delivery date range when you ordered?

If they assign a car to be delivered before that date range (eg your EDD was Feb-May and suddenly they have a car for you in January) then you can delay it without penalty. But if it's in (or after) the EDD then you'd likely lose the deposit.

What was the expected delivery date range when you ordered?

If they assign a car to be delivered before that date range (eg your EDD was Feb-May and suddenly they have a car for you in January) then you can delay it without penalty. But if it's in (or after) the EDD then you'd likely lose the deposit.
Do you think it’s worth delaying for the radar? My EDD was Feb-April but have been assigned a pickup date for next week..

Do you think it’s worth delaying for the radar?
I honestly don't know. All we know for sure is that Tesla will be "marketing" a new 77GHz radar from next month, but they haven't clarified what it's for.

For all we know it'll be for the Semi and/or Cybertruck only.

Of course that hasn't stopped a thousand articles claiming that "Tesla is walking back their claims on camera-only FSD" with nothing to back that up.

And when they first removed the old (low-res) radars from Model Y they left the wiring harness in place so a retrofit of the new radar may be possible.

I've been spending a bit of time recently researching DIY ceramic coating and decided to take the plunge and buy a kit for when the car arrives. Anyone else done their own ceramic coating? Looks like it's literally going to be a full day of my time to do but other than that seems reasonably straight forward. Any tips from those that have done it?

Preparation and paint correction is 90% of the job, don't do this and just go down the route of washing the car and applying the cermaic coating and you're not going to get the same result as a professional job.

Preparation and paint correction is 90% of the job, don't do this and just go down the route of washing the car and applying the cermaic coating and you're not going to get the same result as a professional job.
I've got all the paint prep/correction gear already. I kind of figured that this part was the actual painful part of the process, applying it looks simple enough.

Do you think it’s worth delaying for the radar? My EDD was Feb-April but have been assigned a pickup date for next week..
Depends. Like mentioned before, might not even be for the Y or 3. If it was, the next question would be if/when FSD does become available, do you intend to purchase it? If not then why wait.

I personally would rather USS over any radar as I don’t intend anytime soon to get FSD. That’s if USS even is removed next year

Thanks for the link, he's pretty reputable and tends to be right but waaahhhhhhh!. I want my MYP to be made in December so it can arrive in January. So I hope he's wrong and it changes up.

Reuters are reporting a shutdown at end of December which might explain the proposed reduction in numbers. Gives me hope that they are still doing export cars this month but time will tell