Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this need to be completed before things "move forward"? Sounds like its not far away (ETA Shows Feb-May)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.png
    3.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 53
You'd think the journos spreading outrage would at least get their facts straight - the cover is metal, not plastic
The article also has a completely inaccurate statement about when the first lot of MYPs will be delivered. Talks about April to June 2023, confusing latest new orders with first orders (~june2022) I suspect. If not there will be a lot of disappointed folk about.

Quote; "Aside from one or two demonstrator models, it is understood there have been no deliveries yet of the Tesla Model Y performance in Australia, where it is priced from $104,989 driveaway, although the first large shipment of customer cars are expected between April and June."

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Really? I submitted mine a week ago and no update, idk if that impacts your VIN assignment though, doubt it?
It did for me. It was sitting with the trade-in team for 2 weeks while they 'caught up' on them. Once it was complete, I had the invoice in a day or two and then a VIN on the account.

Text Tesla and ask them for the trade-in status. They're pretty responsive.

And yet, you ordered it. Apparently either 1/ without ever seeing one inside or 2/your tastes have changed 100% in 6 or so months.
Good try.
1/ spot the difference between M3 & MY interiors, M3 have been out for how many years and I have driven & been a passenger many times.

2/ taste changes over time, it's why for the last 100 years car co's kept putting out new models. If you had bothered to read my comments my main beef is the car being treated as a luxury car, it's not, it's less luxurious & aesthetic than a friends 25k car.
What I don't dispute is it's tech and it being a stepping stone to reducing carbon footprint, but most new EV's cover this off which is why I added I'd jump ship if there were other vehicles available, which isn't far off...
;)

• Disagree
Reactions: ooky2