Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happening! I just received an email from Tesla saying my MYP vehicle has been assigned. I'm based in NZ but hopefully people waiting in AU will get their VINs soon.

Got my VIN for MYP, first day order, actually first 10 mins order, white paint, no option at all, most likely late Feb delivery from my previous SR experience, I'm in NZ as well
Sweet! Did either of you get a pop-up asking for confirmation about the removal of radar or ultrasonics?

Either this:

TeslaVisionAU.png

or this:

TeslaVisionEU.png

The VIN says it’s a 2023 build so I doubt there will be any ultrasonic sensors
You should have had the 2nd pop-up if that were the case, so that gives me some hope that they're not removing ultrasonics for A/NZ builds yet.

It's pretty rare for Tesla to tie hardware changes to model years, they appear to have done so for the ultrasonics for UK/EU but that doesn't mean the same will happen for us.

Tesla replied to me regarding the trade-in pending (if this helps anyone else):

Our trade in team does not process them until a vehicle has been assigned.
Offers are valid for 60 days. With a delivery window of up to May, offers provided today may expire, hence why they wait for the vehicle allocation.

This will not delay delivery by any means. Once you have your final offer, simply accept or decline the offer. Not selecting an answer after it's been provided is what could delay things.

So is the thought that these NZ based MYP will be on the Don Juan which is to depart 6th Feb? Which could mean if they have batch built we might be on track for the Morning Crystal departing 9th Feb?
Viking Passama (Armacup scheduled Shanghai 24/1) is another possibility to Aus if a batch is sitting on a dock in the bay. Build date of 17/1/2023 suggests pre Chinese new year 20-28 jan holiday ie when I was hoping Tesla would do the AU/Nz MYPs. Hope is all I had of course. Seems 2x NZ MYPs minimum were made in that time slot. They can make lots~1000 a day I believe (plant 3000pd) so a big batch is a possibility. Else we are waiting into Feb as you suggest, after the current holiday.

Reactions: joseph.luppino