Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 questions if I may:
-registration: I have new custom plates in storage at NSW service. Am I correct in that there is no way for me to put them on at pickup, but the car will get a standard plate and then I’ll have to go to pick mine and return the standard?
-pickup: how many days are you normally given to choose among delivery week? I’ll be travelling for work and only be home a couple of weekends in the EDD. Also, I believe I can ask someone to pick it up for me, but not sure how?

2 questions if I may:
-registration: I have new custom plates in storage at NSW service. Am I correct in that there is no way for me to put them on at pickup, but the car will get a standard plate and then I’ll have to go to pick mine and return the standard?
-pickup: how many days are you normally given to choose among delivery week? I’ll be travelling for work and only be home a couple of weekends in the EDD. Also, I believe I can ask someone to pick it up for me, but not sure how?
I spoke to Vicroads about this and I was told over the phone that if you are transferring a registration to a custom plate that is not registered to a vehicle that it can be done over the phone and you just swap the plates over yourself

Reactions: fizzle
Any day now. :)

Watching the VINs come through hour by hour shows me how far away I am. I'll be excited when the first VIN from the 11th of June comes through because I think that it will proceed rapidly from there as we get past the earliest spike of orders.
There's always the possibility that yours has already been built and waiting for the next ship.
Just have to take it one day at a time my friend.