Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just changed to March 13 - March 31. That's only 12-18 days away :oops: (although I just got reminded by people posting how optimistic that is). Either way, luckily I just sold my ICE car.

Odered 8 November (when I changed from MY RW). I originally ordered 31 October. EDD was April to June for the last few months.

No VIN yet though.
MYP, White/Black. Gold Coast.

Last edited:
I was issue a VIN and final invoice last week but I change my colour from MSM to Red last min. Just got updated this afternoon after Red colour change EDD 20 March-31 March. I order around lunch on launch day.

Any recommendation for PPF in Brisbane? So far, I found auto protective $6295 who use xpel. Any feedback appreciated!!!

If my EDD is Mar 8-29 then does that mean my car is probably on the Pagenella because that is the only Ship that will arrive in NSW before the 8th but that has not been in line to dock yet?

I doubt it's on Paganella because that is only scheduled to dock in Brisbane and then transfer anything onto Traviata for East Coast and then to Perth. I've not seen a case yet where they have used a transhipment for east coast deliveries yet, but never say never.
The first EDD you're given is generally the most accurate one for ship guessing. Once ships start being delayed and EDDs don't move it can get out of sequence making it hard to guess.
I don't know when you car was built etc but I would guess Grande Fiori or Turandot

Just released by Reuters - Model Y update expected Oct 2024 - Project Juniper. Same article also mentions “In one example, Tesla announced on Wednesday it had made changes in the suspension system on the Model Y made in China since January to make the ride smoother, an update Tesla fans applauded on social media.” So upcoming Oz deliveries made from Jan 23 could have this.

Model 3 - Proect Higland production commences Sep 2023.

Model Y - Project Juniper production due to commence Oct 2024 - new hardware plus updated efficiencies in build.

According to article “Tesla has separately asked suppliers for quotes for a revamped version of the Project Juniper version of the Model Y for exterior and interior components that would go into production next year”.

Model Y - Project Juniper production due to commence Oct 2024 - new hardware plus updated efficiencies in build.

According to article “Tesla has separately asked suppliers for quotes for a revamped version of the Project Juniper version of the Model Y for exterior and interior components that would go into production next year”.
Factor in Teslas low priority on Right hand drive vehicles for Aus, reduced port capacity, ship fires etc, you’ll be waiting a bloody long time for a Juniper over here.

My Model Y build was 12 Feb 2023 - so hoping that ‘since January’ would indicate Feb 2023 builds could have new suspension - claimed to be 50% softer.

Also Tesla to open new office in Malaysia. Big announcements from Elon coming (US Wed/ AU Thurs).

Reactions: krylonos
I can certainly confirm this for everyone - it is true if your build date is after 1st Jan 2023, it will come with the upgraded suspension. The confirmation is from Tesla official Weibo account.

This is awesome for my upgraded 20 inches rims...However, someone tested it by said it did not make much different....see image 3

In sum, (1) To optimize the compression damping of shock absorber, low speed is not bumpy, high speed is more stable; (2) The stiffness of the top support of the shock absorber is improved by 50%, and the impact of the filter road is more in place; (3) The spring stiffness is reduced by 2-5N/mm, the vibration frequency of the suspension is adjusted, and the resonance frequency of the human body is far away to avoid motion sickness.

Attachments

• IMG_4924.PNG
    IMG_4924.PNG
    555.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4925.jpg
    IMG_4925.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4928.PNG
    IMG_4928.PNG
    984.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: krylonos and JNTOZ
This is all awesome news. With so many reviews about the suspension being too firm this makes me feel much more confident that my family will enjoy the car. With a build date similar to @JNTOZ , in Feb, I'm hoping I'll get this change. It'll have been absolutely worth a longer 9m wait for me if it means that I get the suspension benefit.
I wonder what other tweeks (even minor) Tesla introduce regularly without announcing given continuous improvement is part of their ethos. Agree 9 months wait is long and appears to be worth it. Next big step change is Project Juniper for MY. Awaiting big announcements from Elon in coming hours! 🙂