Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cost of living has scared a few. Delays have made few switch to RWD. introduction of HW4 has made some rethink their timelines.

I’m surprised that the cancelled MY orders weren’t able to be reallocated to someone else in the queue rather than ending up on the retail website for sale. Surely there must be similar orders, with the exception of those with EAP / FSD already paid for.

I’m surprised that the cancelled MY orders weren’t able to be reallocated to someone else in the queue rather than ending up on the retail website for sale. Surely there must be similar orders, with the exception of those with EAP / FSD already paid for.
Nah. I spoke to our rep who is super honest and chill btw. When orders gets cancelled, the system should automatically reallocate vins. Sometimes it also shows up on inventory but within a few days, it gets reallocated manually by the reps.

Nah. I spoke to our rep who is super honest and chill btw. When orders gets cancelled, the system should automatically reallocate vins. Sometimes it also shows up on inventory but within a few days, it gets reallocated manually by the reps.
Correct. These MYP have been sitting as available between 2 and 6 weeks depending on state. tesla doesnt list duplicates, so although some are being bought, they are just being replaced by the next one. (All states have plenty of stock available of MYP)

I briefly looked at a MYP and got instantly assigned a VIN before changing to RWD due to $40k savings due to novated lease benefits.

Truth is there's stock of MYPs and no backlog or high demand currently for this model. Interest rates for many have doubled as fixed rate loans expire and go to variable. $33k difference for Cash for AWD, slightly increased range and some foglights aren't enough. especially when many people want this as a "Family Car"

Reactions: grizzlybear
In other news, the Grand Diamond has docked, as expected:

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 12.40.18 pm.png

We should expect that to be replaced by the Grande Mirafiori tomorrow morning as @Enters said yesterday. No AAT Birthing Schedule update yet today.

Reactions: Enters and Davemcd
This does not seem like a full sentence? Or maybe it's just missing consequence. Are you exclaiming that the price is high? That you have changed your mind one way or another? The crowds must know!
You are so cute! I just woke up and unable to speak clearly!

I checked with the store owner, he said $7000 for the PPF is not only PPF, it includes(products+labour):
  1. PPF(STek DYNOShield) on the paint for the whole vehicle.
  2. The ceramic coating on:
    • Whole vehicle after PPF
    • All wheels/rims
    • All interiors including your dashboard etc. (he did not mention what interiors, he said all interiors, I guess he meant everything coatable?)
  3. Tinting all windows - windscreen, sunroof, 4 windows plus the rear window
I think it is a good price tho. I think I am gonna get this.

So Model Y does not come with window tinting, we need to get window tinting from somewhere else evetually since pickup the vehicle? (sorry for my lack of knowledge to have a new vehicle.)

Last edited:
Truth is there's stock of MYPs and no backlog or high demand currently for this model. Interest rates for many have doubled as fixed rate loans expire and go to variable. $33k difference for Cash for AWD, slightly increased range and some foglights aren't enough. especially when many people want this as a "Family Car"

Soooo price cut for the MYP?
There must be stacks of duplicates in inventory (on boats or just arrived).
I think once they hand over the July orders, we'll see a drop.
Doesn't seem likely it will flow on to RWD though.

• Funny
Reactions: AyRe
The SA called yesterday and said 'I see you've paid your Invoice. Instead of waiting for those Port Delays, we have an identical White/Black MYP sitting here right now. Do you want that one?' I said 'Sure!'
That's 2 days before my most recent EDD window.

They changed the VIN on my Invoice and Rego, and I picked it up 9:30am this morning. He spent a good amount of time (about 30min) going through phone setup, and settings incl turning on Dashcam and Sentry. Not rushed at all, unlike some SCs we hear about in the US.

So as much as we'd all like to think there should be queue in sequence of ordering, it's unfortunately not. When my EDD jumped 1-2 months, it might've been someone else's cancelled order. After today it sounded like 'you've paid, and other people haven't, so we'll give you this one'. But maybe I'm reading that wrong...

I transferred full payment on Thursday and scheduled to pick up the vehicle coming Tuesday. I have not received the payment received sms yesterday (Friday), so it would mean the fund will clear on Monday (i.e. the day before pickup).

Anyone know how strict is Tesla with the 'funds needs to be cleared 2 days before delivery' policy?

The SA called yesterday and said 'I see you've paid your Invoice. Instead of waiting for those Port Delays, we have an identical White/Black MYP sitting here right now. Do you want that one?' I said 'Sure!'
That's 2 days before my most recent EDD window.

They changed the VIN on my Invoice and Rego, and I picked it up 9:30am this morning. He spent a good amount of time (about 30min) going through phone setup, and settings incl turning on Dashcam and Sentry. Not rushed at all, unlike some SCs we hear about in the US.

So as much as we'd all like to think there should be queue in sequence of ordering, it's unfortunately not. When my EDD jumped 1-2 months, it might've been someone else's cancelled order. After today it sounded like 'you've paid, and other people haven't, so we'll give you this one'. But maybe I'm reading that wrong...
Great to hear! Wonder if you will be taking your cat (the one with the Tesla logo nose - assume if a male cat his name is Elon) in your new MYP?

Port Melbourne delivery centre. Some cars came off the trailer just. A red, black and blue MYP and white RWD. Looking out for my white MYP… not a stalker.

Attachments

• EDF51A73-4AA3-419B-A081-448CFEE3D164.jpeg
    EDF51A73-4AA3-419B-A081-448CFEE3D164.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 9D1788F1-3AAF-4027-BF64-F3429F8497DA.jpeg
    9D1788F1-3AAF-4027-BF64-F3429F8497DA.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 7596D675-DDEA-4C16-B22C-632D1B9EB69A.jpeg
    7596D675-DDEA-4C16-B22C-632D1B9EB69A.jpeg
    763.9 KB · Views: 40