Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LR does not qualify for stamp duty exemption in NSW. Not sure if it will qualify for FBT exemption for novated leases.
It's a 13k increase + 3k stamp duty which is not exempt at that value
As long as the build is under $84.9k before onroads it won't be subject to LCT and therefore will still be FBT exempt for NLs

Basically means only the base white fits under the threshold - hoping that the thresholds increase in July and I will be able to add back the white seats and inductions

Last edited:
I can't bloody change my order to LR through my account. Rang the store, was told to wait for an hour or so.
What is going to change in an hour? I am in same boat but cannot see any way to amend order. By the way I have a VIN assigned, so not sure if I have to cancel the order and lose the deposit, or can I change to a LR in the account or on the phone? Anyone know?

Basically means only the base white fits under the threshold - hoping that the thresholds increase in July and I will be able to add back the white seats and inductions
With my RWD Y build (Silver/Black) and induction wheels the price difference in NSW is $19k and no FBT exemption. Not worth it my mind for the modest range increase or acceleration. But happy for those with an outstanding RWD order to switch if it helps bring my order forward ;)

So is mine, he said he has had to raise a request to another team and could be 24 hours. It is still showing May - June for QLD so I am going to be upset if when it updates the dates have been pushed out. Still tempted to wear the $400 fee and place another order
Do you have a VIN assigned? I do and thinking maybe I have to wear the loss of the deposit. Similarly don't want to miss the first batch of LR orders.

Do you have a VIN assigned? I do and thinking maybe I have to wear the loss of the deposit. Similarly don't want to miss the first batch of LR orders.
Just spoke to a rep at Tesla sales who said he can change my order to LR, no loss of deposit and I keep the original order date as well. But it will take 24 hours. So sounds all good from my perspective and someone else can have "my" MYP.

Reactions: MyPWSyd
What is going to change in an hour? I am in same boat but cannot see any way to amend order. By the way I have a VIN assigned, so not sure if I have to cancel the order and lose the deposit, or can I change to a LR in the account or on the phone? Anyone know?
Had a talk with my SA and I'm in the same boat as you. He confirmed that it's OK to change to an LR without losing my deposit. But said it needs to be done this week.

Had a talk with my SA and I'm in the same boat as you. He confirmed that it's OK to change to an LR without losing my deposit. But said it needs to be done this week.
Yes mine said it could be changed up to April 11 which is the new start date of my EDD range (which only moved out from Mar31 a few days ago). So the planets have aligned for me, really thanks to the port disaster down here in melbourne. I'm much more comfortable now, was having second thoughts on the MYP due to cost and the extreme performance that I wasn't really chasing.