Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes mine said it could be changed up to April 11 which is the new start date of my EDD range (which only moved out from Mar31 a few days ago). So the planets have aligned for me, really thanks to the port disaster down here in melbourne. I'm much more comfortable now, was having second thoughts on the MYP due to cost and the extreme performance that I wasn't really chasing.
I've decided to keep my original order and let my SA know. I'm not really a performance sort of person so a new 0-100 of 5secs doesn't interest me much. $13k for an additional 80kms range (likely less if real world) is too much. I am Canberra-based and maybe 99% of my driving will be within Canberra or Canberra-Sydney. Maybe once every couple of years Melbourne? With so many superchargers around in these routes, an extra 80 kms will be a waste.
And lastly... LFP batteries have better longevity, doesn't degrade as quickly as NCA, and can be constantly charged to 100%.

Have also requested to switch from MYP to LR - was told it needs to be approved. Received a text asking to 'confirm' the change; now just waiting for the approval. Was also told its June-July for EDD on LR even though the website says May-June. With Tesla, you should always an extra month or two, I suppose.

Are you sure its under $84.9k before on roads? i thought it was INC onroads for LCT/FBT?
Yes the LCT/FBT threshold is calculated on the "Vehicle Subtotal (including GST)" price.
Those are federal taxes, the on-roads are state taxes so don't have any relevance.

Have a play with the configurator, and you will see that a MYLR with no options has no LCT, but as soon as you change the colour it attacts LCT:

1680586485744.png

Yes the LCT/FBT threshold is calculated on the "Vehicle Subtotal (including GST)" price.
Those are federal taxes, the on-roads are state taxes so don't have any relevance.

Have a play with the configurator, and you will see that a MYLR with no options has no LCT, but as soon as you change the colour it attacts LCT:
has no LCT, but as soon as you change the colour it

Thankyou - also validated with my Novated lease company (Just to ensure) and I now have submitted a request to change my RWD to LR White/No mods... maxing this cap as much as possible....... i guess ill have to wrap!

Wow I am late with news and trying to process this. Anyone who payed in full and has a pickup date who jump ship to LR?
My impression is that would be too late. My Tesla guy said he could change it for me (MYP to LR) only because I have not reached my current EDD range (currently starts 11 Apr). I have not paid anything except the order deposit And don't have a delivery booking, but I have had an assigned VIN for 6 to 8 weeks.

Help Wanted!!!
It's very tempting to move from a SR Model Y to a Long Range. But the 13K price hike seems a bit high.

For the 13K you get different battery chemistry and longer range battery, plus an extra motor up the front.
I think real world range difference is less than 80K as one battery charged to 80% the other 100%.
All wheel drive, and slightly faster 0-100 sounds tempting. But still sitting on the fence...Are there any advantages to the LR I am missing? I guess charging speed is a bit quicker with the battery chemistry? Seeking folks thoughts as whether to go one way or the other??
The car will be novated leased over 3 year period. So other consideration would be resale value, / or usefulness of the car if I keep it for say 10 years.