Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't gotten a car assigned yet but when I changed from RWD to LR and back to RWD it was $14 more due to CTP
Yep that may happen due to changes in CTP with regards to the car configuration - however this is a very bizzar turn of events given that cash settlement has been finalised. It would seem that there is nothing stopping Tesla from varying your final invoice/paytement figure up to the time you pick up the vehicle - which does not sound correct.

Yep that may happen due to changes in CTP with regards to the car configuration - however this is a very bizzar turn of events given that cash settlement has been finalised. It would seem that there is nothing stopping Tesla from varying your final invoice/paytement figure up to the time you pick up the vehicle - which does not sound correct.
Seriously, Tesla should just suck it up.

I received a hidden VIN on Monday due to a cancellation in Brisbane. I got the delivery text today and can schedule delivery earliest on Saturday. I wouldn’t be able to transfer funds in time so extended until the 6th of May to give me a bit of time to sort out everything. I was expecting to have 2-3 weeks notice so feeling a bit rushed. I would have installed my home charger mid April but honestly didn’t believe they would deliver before end of May
What config were you? And when did you originally order?

Last year was annouced very early June, so we'll know early enough to make a decision. It's roughly indexed with CPI which has been big this year. So confident it'll go up and a decent amount as well.

Those rates are for ICE cars, EVs are higher. All I'd need is about a $300 threshold increase to add one of the $1500 colours.. yes it's that close...
Awaiting the same, either the MY LR drops by $300 and I order a colour one then, or the LCT limit goes up $300 for 2023/24.

10th of May according to Armacup.. Although that date is likely to push out. The Model 3 I just picked up pushed out 3 weeks :(
Was hoping my Model Y make this ship. No VIN so probably another few months :( Always great people order months after you get a VIN :)

Nothing on the Mirrat schedule for Turandot yet
I called the SA today, and they were highlighting about the delays especially in Melbourne ports, but he still said we are trying our level best to honour the EDD window. Through stock congestion on the ports is halting any further deliveries. He further said expect some updates around mid of May. For my 26Feb Order.

My EDD range is getting close, so in preparation I transferred $50 to the bank details that Tesla provides, just to test that I have the right account before I send the whole amount.
Today I was sent an SMS saying they've received a payment from me, and I can see the remaining balance in my account. Does anyone know where? I tried regenerating my final invoice again, but there's no record of my $50 on it. I thought it might be under "other payments" on the invoice but that's still zero on mine. Maybe it just takes a few days to update.

My EDD range is getting close, so in preparation I transferred $50 to the bank details that Tesla provides, just to test that I have the right account before I send the whole amount.
Today I was sent an SMS saying they've received a payment from me, and I can see the remaining balance in my account. Does anyone know where? I tried regenerating my final invoice again, but there's no record of my $50 on it. I thought it might be under "other payments" on the invoice but that's still zero on mine. Maybe it just takes a few days to update.
Not actually able to see the balance on the account from what the SA told me.
I done a small transfer and got the sms then I asked them for a remaining balance before I transfer the rest

Reactions: grizzlybear
Intesting development - pick up is scheduled tomorrow and just got a text message/call from Tesla. The CTP on the MYP has increased by $13 and will need to be paid during pick up. Anyone had a similar experinace/call?
Yes, same with me when picking up the RWD last week. Three days prior I called SA to confirm final balance and found they have added $14 to the final invoice.

Picked up my Y RWD today. Little bit of a palava in the lead up with me not getting the final invoice until 20/04. If you havent got your final invoice within about 3 or 4 days of scheduling your delivery appointment give them a call, I left it and mine had slipped through the cracks. Also with their processing backlog the automated messaging system is a little out of whack with SMS saying to do stuff coming after they have been done.

Got a good long first drive home from Chatswood to Newcastle the 1 pedal driving was surprisingly easy to get used to. The indicators being on the other stalk compared to my CX5 may take a bit more to retrain.

Loved the drive home, now I just need the wall charger to be delivered and out sparky to install it :)
Out of curiosity, what was your car's build date and does it still have USS (ultrasonics) on it?

Despite Shanghai builds not all not including sensors it seems like AU has still been getting them. I have a completely unfounded hunch that maybe the Y was 'certified' in AU with them so they stay.

I did a test transfer yesterday after receiving my final invoice in the morning. I couldn't see it on my Tesla account until the Next Steps section updates to "Payments" status. My "Payments" section appeared in the evening and the funds cleared overnight. I'm transferring the rest today and moved my pickup to this Saturday, since the transfers are going through quicker than I expected

Reactions: JonDarian
Out of curiosity, what was your car's build date and does it still have USS (ultrasonics) on it?

Despite Shanghai builds not all not including sensors it seems like AU has still been getting them. I have a completely unfounded hunch that maybe the Y was 'certified' in AU with them so they stay.
Yeh will be very interesting to see the next wave of MY's with April build dates and whether they have USS still. Fingers crossed but wouldn't be surprised if not.

Wouldnt Tesla have to advise Australians of the change?
Yes we will get plenty of notice.
Customers in Europe and UK had to accept a "your Model Y is no long equipped with ultrasonic sensors" before being assigned a VIN when they were first removed 6 months ago.

You'll know when they start removing them from Australian orders because this forum (and others) will be full of people complaining. And rightfully so.

Wouldnt Tesla have to advise Australians of the change? When we ordered the car it came with USS so expectation is that it comes with it.
Yes we will get plenty of notice.
Customers in Europe and UK had to accept a "your Model Y is no long equipped with ultrasonic sensors" before being assigned a VIN when they were first removed 6 months ago.

You'll know when they start removing them from Australian orders because this forum (and others) will be full of people complaining. And rightfully so.

You'd think so, right? But Tesla do what Tesla want to do as we've seen, so fingers crossed. Got my final invoice today showing a build date of 21/04 so I'll be sure to let you know. Hoping it arrives on the Turandot ship arriving in Melbourne on the 10th May. EDD is still TBD so port delays will be a factor. I know someone who had an EDD of May 11-27 for a while, but only got their VIN yesterday for an M3, so I'm guessing mine will be towards the end of the month.

Some people were asking about shipping times for the wall charger last week. I ordered one on Friday and it was delivered on Wednesday in Metro Brisbane with StarTrack - keep in mind it was a public holiday on Tuesday. I ordered a few accessories as well which were in stock but weren't shipped until today and are still on route. Hope that gives an idea to anyone else wondering how long it'll take to get the charger

Reactions: JonDarian
Some people were asking about shipping times for the wall charger last week. I ordered one on Friday and it was delivered on Wednesday in Metro Brisbane with StarTrack - keep in mind it was a public holiday on Tuesday. I ordered a few accessories as well which were in stock but weren't shipped until today and are still on route. Hope that gives an idea to anyone else wondering how long it'll take to get the charger

Did you get tracking? My partner ordered a wall charger 2 weeks ago, and no info or tracking at all. He has sent 2 emails to them but no reply as yet. This is crazy.

Did you get tracking? My partner ordered a wall charger 2 weeks ago, and no info or tracking at all. He has sent 2 emails to them but no reply as yet. This is crazy.
I got a "Your Tesla Shop order has been shipped" email the day it came. The tracking they provided doesn't work even after delivery. You can apparently email [email protected] for support - I did to ask for an ETA so I could book an electrician to do the install, but they never replied.

Btw the rest of my order arrived a few moments ago. Same thing - shipped email this morning and then delivered a couple of hours later.

I ordered a wall charger late last year (Sydney Metro) and it was delivered within 48 hours via Star track. I also ordered some accessories last week on a Sunday night and they where delivered Tuesday, again via Star track. My tracking info worked both times.

Reactions: Indy411