Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well now I am really annoyed!! I think it could have been a glitch and I have just lost $400. I no longer have a VIN assigned and delivery has gone to May - June :mad: I even downloaded the registration to fill out and it shows the vin.

I will be fighting Tesla for a refund as I only put the deposit down because it was in inventory!

Reactions: Dannerz
Well now I am really annoyed!! I think it could have been a glitch and I have just lost $400. I no longer have a VIN assigned and delivery has gone to May - June :mad: I even downloaded the registration to fill out and it shows the vin.

I will be fighting Tesla for a refund as I only put the deposit down because it was in inventory!
This is how stock is added, it briefly will show up online before being assigned to existing orders (Then disappearing from orderable stock). Sometimes it works and you can sneak a quick-buy.

Happened to me also back in December.

Overall its a good sign to people with orders as it shows VINs are being assigned/stock is moving.

Reactions: MyPWSyd

Agreed. If they show it as publicly available, they should expect that people will place orders. I hope they refund you quickly.

Thats really poor on Tesla's behalf. Especially considering you cancelled your existing order in the process.

Hopefully you get slotted back in where you were once the $400 is resolved.

Reactions: MyPWSyd
HI everyone. When your Model Ys arrive, can you share your thoughts on the suspension and ride? Tesla has not officially confirmed that the new Model Ys out of Shanghai have comfort suspension for the export models (they started fitting the comfort suspension from January 2023 at the factory). I am debating to order after I hear this or will order beforehand if I know the suspension is more compliant. It is by far and away my biggest concern.

(I know the performance model has the new suspension in Australia but haven't heard for the other 2 models)
Hi gubes,
I haven't got my car yet, but have read repeatedly (including grizzlybear's post yesterday) that MYRWD for Australia (and therefore out of Shanghai) has comfort suspension. It seems likely that Hong Kong is receiving the same, but only Tesla could confirm that for you. I don't know when you did your test drive. If it was recent, you may already have tried the new suspension.

Ludicrous Feed picked his up recently and commented on it. He's driven both the MYP and RWD now recently and thought they felt similar and definitely softer than the RWD he tested last year. So it seems that the change has made it across, can't believe producing 2 different suspension systems for the same car is very cost effective. Until someone strips one down, we're never going to know for 100% certainty, not even Tesla reps seem to know 100%.

Reactions: JonDarian

I also saw a MY RWD available in stock today and disappeared in a couple of mins. Curious to see how Tesla handles your case. Hope you will get your refund.

can't believe producing 2 different suspension systems for the same car is very cost effective
They already do - the Model Y Performance sits lower to the ground, so it has shorter springs and different dampers to suit.

And the RWD and Long Range each have different suspension too, probably due to the weight difference.

In the USA the Performance damper item codes got a minor revision between "old" and "comfort" - they were

Code:
DAMPER ASSY FR LEFT HAND,COIL E3 DM PERF.       1188371-00-E     
DAMPER ASSY FR RH, COIL E3 DM PERF              1188376-00-E
RR DAMPER ASSY - COIL DM PERF.                  1188465-00-E

and are now

Code:
DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL E3 - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - FRONT LEFT HAND  1188371-00-F
DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL E3 - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - FRONT RIGHT HAND 1188376-00-F
DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - REAR                1188465-00-F

And it has been confirmed (through visual inspection) we got the latter in Australia.

For the Long Range the "comfort" product codes are
Code:
Front Left:  1188363-00-H
Front Right: 1188368-00-H
Rear Shock:  1188463-00-E

Someone will need to confirm what's installed when the first LRs arrive on our shores.

And I've yet to find any definitive answer for RWD, probably because that model isn't available in the USA, and that's where most of this info comes from.

Reactions: Elite Display

I would still be subscribing to Vedaprime to see where the VIN is at.

They already do - the Model Y Performance sits lower to the ground, so it has shorter springs and different dampers to suit.

Yeh but im referring to building 2 suspensions systems for RWD specifically, not all the other models. Chinese domestic MY builds have been confirmed with the newer comfort suspension already, the question is those for Australia which no one can seem to confirm, so we would need a tear down to know 100%.

Yeh but im referring to building 2 suspensions systems for RWD specifically, not all the other models. Chinese domestic MY builds have been confirmed with the newer comfort suspension already, the question is those for Australia which no one can seem to confirm, so we would need a tear down to know 100%.
If theres someone in syd who wants me to decode their suspension - let me know.. or just take a pic and ill decode with my RF scanner.

we would need a tear down to know 100%.
No need to tear anything down, we just need someone with a 2022 model and someone else with a 2023 model each take a photo of one of their rear dampers, and compare their labels.

Here's a snap of one of mine (Performance rear damper)
1682895601453.png

Reactions: xavier2k3
Our MYRWD (details below) was delivered last Thursday.

We did an approx 500 klm road trip over the weekend and we love the suspension, and the car.
Obviously, this will mean nothing to most people as tastes are different.
Build quality is great.

The tyres are Michelin 255/40 R 20 Pilot Sport EV

The only problem we have is not with the car, but the wall connector which won't initialise no matter what we do.
Luckily we ordered an IMC and received it before the car arrived, so are using that until we get the wall connector sorted. I suspect it is faulty.

Reactions: JonDarian
FWIW, called Tesla sales this morning about my MYLR order and USS - they said (rough quote) "I don't believe the Gigafactory has changed the cars for AU/NZ, even though obviously in the US the change has shipped" when asked if USS is gone on any new cars.

They also weren't pressed on any MYLR deliveries even when I pointed out someone in QLD seems to have found one for registration.