Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know when Grand Eagle will dock at Port Melbourne? It was supposed to be docking on Sunday and someone told me it was postponed today, but I checked the ship's location, and it hasn't moved since Sunday. I'm pretty sure my car is on it.
As per the VIC Ports (Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne) site, it should berth/dock early 18th.
1684303972035.jpeg

does anyone know when Grand Eagle will dock at Port Melbourne? It was supposed to be docking on Sunday and someone told me it was postponed today, but I checked the ship's location, and it hasn't moved since Sunday. I'm pretty sure my car is on it.
Grand Eagle will be berth to Port Melbourne Webb Dock 1 West on 18/05/2023 00:01, hopefully, BD 24/04/23 will update RAV tonight

Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

VPCM is a Victorian government statutory authority, responsible for the state-retained business and activities resulting from the lease of the Port of Melbourne.
www.vicports.vic.gov.au
www.vicports.vic.gov.au

So did yours come in on the Turandot to Port Melbourne (given you're picking up on Friday you lucky bugger :)) ?

Super happy for you -- will live vicariously through your joy while I wait :)
Yeh it did - very lucky to have it coming in and out before any congestion built up.

Wednesday daytime apparently. Keep an eye on this - it's the PM vehicle carrier schedule and is updated every day. MIRRAT Schedule & Traffic Management

Reactions: bean2006
I have just been out to the delivery centre in HUME (Canberra)( to drop off rego application papers for my Y- EDD May25-June15 OD, 11/1/23) and the place is absolutely chocka block with 3s and Ys. While I was there another truck arrived with 3 x 3s and 4 x Ys. The driver said they were delivering 18-20 cars a day to the centre. And one of the SAs inside said they were flat out delivery 18-20 cars a day. Good news but I wouldn't expect a luxury standard delivery of a car on the appointed day. And the SA said they had no more notice re delivery dates than we will get from Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 46
I have just been out to the delivery centre in HUME (Canberra)( to drop off rego application papers for my Y- EDD May25-June15 OD, 11/1/23) and the place is absolutely chocka block with 3s and Ys. While I was there another truck arrived with 3 x 3s and 4 x Ys. The driver said they were delivering 18-20 cars a day to the centre. And one of the SAs inside said they were flat out delivery 18-20 cars a day. Good news but I wouldn't expect a luxury standard delivery of a car on the appointed day. And the SA said they had no more notice re delivery dates than we will get from Tesla.
wow -- makes them feel so close, yet somehow so unpredictably far. Thanks for the pic.

[am assuming that's protective tape around the doors, as there's no longer chrome]

Yeh not many but they are out there with EDD's now for May-June deliveries. The Turandot ship that came last week to Melbourne was the first Tesla ship to arrive coming directly from Shanghai without stopping elsewhere first from what I can see, I've gone as far back as August. It's only the second to arrive since the mad port congestion earlier this year/fire at one of the berths in Feb (which reduced capacity by 1/3). The last one to arrive was in March. If you see attached files, look how much the schedule changed for Melbourne across March/April.

People who ordered later are getting deliveries closer because there is just significantly more product coming in again.View attachment 937699View attachment 937696View attachment 937700View attachment 937701
Has any one assigned a VIN recently from Melbourne assuming that ships have started on 16th of May for Melbourne reaching Melbourne on 1st June and 9th June

All s

Posting from another thread in the hopes it helps others.

————-

Hello!

We picked up our Model Y RWD MSM from Port Melbourne today.

The collection experience was fantastic and can’t fault one bit.

We arrived 35 mins before scheduled pickup as we received the ready for pickup message and we didn’t have much to do in Melbourne CBD.

The entry to the Port Melbourne DC is a bit confusing if you are on a rideshare but you enter the building through basement (you will a bucket load of Teslas parked here to be processed with plastics and trim covers on them).

You take the lift to go to the first floor where you will get the Tesla rep. I met with Jack. He was very funny and casual who checked my licence and took us to the other basement to pick up the car. We requested for 100% charge as we had a long drive home. When we called last week, they said they can’t guarantee but will put a note on our delivery slip.

When he was taking us, he confirmed the car is at 100% as requested and it was. Gave us the paperwork and asked if we knew about the car or would like to walk through the setup process.

He mentioned today is a quote day with only 12 pickups but tomorrow they have 45 pickups scheduled. I was over 200ish vehicles so everyone should be receiving their vehicles soonish.

We setup the phone key and went through the menu first. Then walked around the car and checked the paintwork, doors, windows, frunk and trunk. There is zero issues with the car whatsoever. If you did nitpick, you might find some. I wasn’t too fussed as I’m going to paint correct and ceramic coat the paint, glass and seats.

We left after 30 mins from the DC with still 100% charge. The ride was smooth AF. Took a detour by mistake but arrived home with like less than 10% charge. It is charging as we speak.
The real world was 400ish kms highway driving. We had the climate control on, heated seats and was charging two phones.

It had the latest software. It recognised all the digital signs along the way except the west gate bridge sign. I thought it couldn’t but it did. It was even more amazing to see it didn’t change seeing signs like 40km speed limit ahead but only at the final speed sign.

It was raining in a few places along the way. It turned on at the right time I wanted to. When TACC or autoPilot was engaged, it did go a bit faster than I would have liked but I took off the autopilot to stop the wipers from going bonkers.

It did phantom brake twice but wasn’t unmanageable and expected. Autopilot kept the car on the middle of the road but sometimes I had to disengage was the road was bumpy, had potholes and uneven but the car doesn’t see that.

The silent driving and auto lock on walk away is still trippy and will take some time to get used to.

Overall, we love the car and excited for the journey ahead.

I understand not everyone had a great Tesla ordering experience or transparent communication from them. I too had those moments but overall, with the vehicle with us now, we couldn’t be happier and feel like the wait was worth it.

I hope this help and I will see you all later.

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5596.jpeg
    IMG_5596.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5593.jpeg
    IMG_5593.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    652.2 KB · Views: 49

————-

Hello!

We arrived 35 mins before scheduled pickup as we received the ready for pickup message and we didn’t have much to do in Melbourne CBD.

The entry to the Port Melbourne DC is a bit confusing if you are on a rideshare but you enter the building through basement (you will a bucket load of Teslas parked here to be processed with plastics and trim covers on them).

You take the lift to go to the first floor where you will get the Tesla rep. I met with Jack. He was very funny and casual who checked my licence and took us to the other basement to pick up the car. We requested for 100% charge as we had a long drive home. When we called last week, they said they can’t guarantee but will put a note on our delivery slip.

When he was taking us, he confirmed the car is at 100% as requested and it was. Gave us the paperwork and asked if we knew about the car or would like to walk through the setup process.

He mentioned today is a quote day with only 12 pickups but tomorrow they have 45 pickups scheduled. I was over 200ish vehicles so everyone should be receiving their vehicles soonish.

We setup the phone key and went through the menu first. Then walked around the car and checked the paintwork, doors, windows, frunk and trunk. There is zero issues with the car whatsoever. If you did nitpick, you might find some. I wasn’t too fussed as I’m going to paint correct and ceramic coat the paint, glass and seats.

We left after 30 mins from the DC with still 100% charge. The ride was smooth AF. Took a detour by mistake but arrived home with like less than 10% charge. It is charging as we speak.
The real world was 400ish kms highway driving. We had the climate control on, heated seats and was charging two phones.

It had the latest software. It recognised all the digital signs along the way except the west gate bridge sign. I thought it couldn’t but it did. It was even more amazing to see it didn’t change seeing signs like 40km speed limit ahead but only at the final speed sign.

It was raining in a few places along the way. It turned on at the right time I wanted to. When TACC or autoPilot was engaged, it did go a bit faster than I would have liked but I took off the autopilot to stop the wipers from going bonkers.

It did phantom brake twice but wasn’t unmanageable and expected. Autopilot kept the car on the middle of the road but sometimes I had to disengage was the road was bumpy, had potholes and uneven but the car doesn’t see that.

The silent driving and auto lock on walk away is still trippy and will take some time to get used to.

I understand not everyone had a great Tesla ordering experience or transparent communication from them. I too had those moments but overall, with the vehicle with us now, we couldn’t be happier and feel like the wait was worth it.

Thanks for the write-up @grizzlybear ! Great to hear about the ride quality and DA systems working mostly smoothly. Enjoy life with the Tesla and congrats for graduating from the waiting room :D

Just got another invoice from Tesla for the Y we have on order and the $3k discount offered for cancelled S orders has been applied. I ordered a new S just before the refresh was announced In 2020. Waited 2 and a half years and then the order was cancelled. Bugger. Not all bad as I got sick of waiting and bought a 2019 S a week or so ago as an interim car.

————-

Hello!

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, great to see. I'm hoping to experience the same at Port Melbourne in the coming week(s?).

————-

Hello!

Really appreciate you, for taking your time and describing your experience in detail as it really helps others!
I hope you still stick around the forum even though you picked up your car, enjoy!

Just got another invoice from Tesla for the Y we have on order and the $3k discount offered for cancelled S orders has been applied. I ordered a new S just before the refresh was announced In 2020. Waited 2 and a half years and then the order was cancelled. Bugger. Not all bad as I got sick of waiting and bought a 2019 S a week or so ago as an interim car.
nice - I also ordered the S over 2 years ago but I ended up cancelling 2 months ago , so now I miss out on this $3k discount for my wife's MY

Well it hasnt docked yet, so thats likely your answer.

EDIT: Realised youre talking about Molace, not RAV. No idea how their database works, but my 24/04 build isnt showing on their site either.
Nope , mine is a 24/4 build date and its not showing on there.
if BD Apr 26 cars are on grand eagle why VIN can't be found on RoRo?

Grand Eagle isn't a MOLACE operated ship so you can't track your VINs on RoRo as it only tracks their ships. It's an Inchcape operated ship. In this post a Tesla SA told the user that they believed it was on that ship with that 24/4 build date and I've seen another FB post saying the same tonight from someome else after calling their rep. So it's quite possible it is carrying both 24/4 and 26/4 builds as the next ship left Shanghai in early May. Armacup's next was Viking Paglia on the 10/5.

If you see below, under the name it says the operating company.

1684324278208.png

Source: MIRRAT Schedule & Traffic Management

Last edited:
Grand Eagle isn't a MOLACE operated ship so it wont be on RoRo as it only tracks their ships. It's an Inchcape operated ship. In this post a Tesla SA told the user that they believed it was on that ship with that 24/4 build date. So it's quite possible it is carrying both 24/4 and 26/4 builds.
Thanks. I guess we will find out soon enough granted Grand Eagle gets to port within the next few hours as expected

Reactions: bean2006