Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date is now July as on Morning Crystal.

No EOFY...no sale to Tesla....no tax saving. Will cancel.

I believe, please correct me if wrong, that you must have physical possession of car...not just have paid invoice.
Sorry to hear that. Frustrating, isn't it?

The good news is that the number of EV choices is really increasing over the next 6-12 months. If you haven't driven the Polestar 2 yet, it's pretty good (but not a lot of headroom in the rear).

My understanding is that you can cancel now and just lose your deposit. It would be good to do ASAP so they can assign your car to someone else in the queue.

Reactions: houdini
My understanding is that you can cancel now and just lose your deposit. It would be good to do ASAP so they can assign your car to someone else in the queue.
I could, I guess I will leave it to the last moment. It might deliver earlier...How long does it stay in the dock for covid checks? isnt covid over? so confusing.

What a pain, I gave up other opportunities to buy other cars. The tax writeoff is not to be missed.

What I might do is go and buy my last ICE car...and wait. Would Tesla consider allocating another car?

Reactions: Tee_my
Question for the Sydney crowd: I'm waiting on the Grand Eagle to dock like so many others.

When we (finally) get the magic SMS to arrange delivery, does selection of Parramatta or Alexandria shorten the dock->dealership wait time in comparison to Chatswood? I've read that Chatswood id a smaller location and is somewhat limited with the numbers of deliveries it can do?

I
Question for the Sydney crowd: I'm waiting on the Grand Eagle to dock like so many others.

When we (finally) get the magic SMS to arrange delivery, does selection of Parramatta or Alexandria shorten the dock->dealership wait time in comparison to Chatswood? I've read that Chatswood id a smaller location and is somewhat limited with the numbers of deliveries it can do?
I don't think Parramatta has a delivery centre.
My delivery date is now July as on Morning Crystal.

No EOFY...no sale to Tesla....no tax saving. Will cancel.

I believe, please correct me if wrong, that you must have physical possession of car...not just have paid invoice.
Sorry boy, but check with an accountant. My understanding is that you can claim depreciation but over 3 years instead of 1. Depreciation and capital expenses and allowances

Actual F&*ks are the only F&*ks worth giving 😀
But, yeah, that sucks pretty hard when so many other vehicles carriers have been able to offload in about a day. I guess it's another symptom of the system being jammed up, but that is no consolation for those waiting for their cars.

Moderators Note:
Please avoid using the F bomb, even in a disguised form.
This Forum is based in the USA and sensitivities around blue language vary between countries.
I am leaving these up for now but may be forced to pull these posts if I receive complaints.
You can prevent your posts being removed or actions taken against your accounts by being a bit more considerate with your language.
Sure thing. I figured there was a reasonable chance we would get our naughty wrists slapped.

• Funny
Reactions: Elite Display
I haven't. The question was when I get the SMS and need to specify the delivery date, does the delivery point make any difference?
I don't know for sure, but moving the car from the dock to the delivery centre requires putting it on a truck. I assume it then doesn't make much difference which part of town they drive the truck to. Perhaps the delivery centres have different capacities?

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't your delivery location selected before this? I think you are only choosing the date, not the location, when you get that SMS.

Reactions: Quickst

Alexandria has a specific delivery centre in Maddox Street, around the corner from the service centre, most likely to be the delivery centre offered to you unless you’re close to Miranda.