Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final price $1080
35M
3 phase 20amp with cut off switch in garage and upgraded cables 10mm2 (after a Tesla approved electrician quoted over $2500)
I ordered to be delivered in Sydney and it came in like two days and I got it installed for $550
That's very cheap. I was charged $900 cash
Thanks for sharing guys. Do you all have 3 phase? What area in Sydney are you in? Can you share the contact of the electricians please? Thanks.

Btw my EDD got push back today to June 21 - July 12 as well like most ppl waiting on Grand Eagle :mad:.

Reactions: LWR15K
Anyone have any info relating to when it should be unloaded by

Another rep from tesla said they feel confident all the cars from Grand Eagle should be sent for delivery this Fin Year for Syd , provided it docks early this morning and no delays with bio security checks.
Any chances for guys waiting on Morning Crystal to be docked tomorrow to get their cars before EOFY. My EDD is 28 Jun - 19 Jul.

Reactions: SphinX
Morning Crystal to be docked tomorrow to get their cars before EOFY. My EDD is 28 Jun - 19 Jul.
Should be moored (they use moored for some reason not docked) tomorrow evening/night. Before EOFY There is a chance perhaps but who knows

Anyone have any info relating to when it should be unloaded by
Well it is supposed to depart 16June sometime during the afternoon. But who knows

Last edited:
Reactions: satred
1686786826129.png

Looks like Grand Eagle set to arrive in Port Brisbane on 20 June, assuming it gets away from PK in time and no other delays. Maybe a handful of QLD orders can get their orders before EOFY, but most will likely be after July 1

Reactions: MYLRSC
Just got off the phone with Tesla (asking about trade ins and keeping plates). I couldn’t help myself and asked if my car was on the Grand Eagle. They said they couldn’t tell me if my car was on the Grand Eagle. They just said wait for the scheduling sms and it should be 8-10 days from that till delivery.

View attachment 947069

Looks like Grand Eagle set to arrive in Port Brisbane on 20 June, assuming it gets away from PK in time and no other delays. Maybe a handful of QLD orders can get their orders before EOFY, but most will likely be after July 1
Australian ports are a laughing stock. Grand Eagle has been circling Port Kemble since 23rd May. 23 days of unproductive idleness. Is it any wonder imported motor vehicles are so expensive.

Just got off the phone with Tesla (asking about trade ins and keeping plates). I couldn’t help myself and asked if my car was on the Grand Eagle. They said they couldn’t tell me if my car was on the Grand Eagle. They just said wait for the scheduling sms and it should be 8-10 days from that till delivery.
So for grand eagle gang, when can we expect tesla to send us the delivery sms?
Some time today or usually when the ship leaves, i.e. on friday (or monday if they dont send on fri night and weekends)?
Anyone has some insights?

Reactions: LWR15K
So for grand eagle gang, when can we expect tesla to send us the delivery sms?
Approx 1 week prior to final pickup date. So the sms has to be sent on or before 23 June....(if your hard limit is EOFY)
So if your vehicle is the last to come off the ship before it is scheduled to depart 16th June in afternoon, you will have 1 week up your sleeve before the delivery sms. Very tight timing. I can't see how they can get it to the delivery centre within 2 weeks

Last edited:
Approx 1 week prior to final pickup date. So the sms has to be sent on or before 23 June....
So if your vehicle is the last to come off the ship before it is scheduled to depart 16th June in afternoon, you will have 1 week up your sleeve. Very tight timing. I can't see how they can get it the delivery centre within a week.
I think some people have previously received vague "Your delivery is coming soon!" SMS'es which are basically unactionable, but effectively mean Tesla has your vehicle / it's been delivered off the vessel. So I think that's what they're asking about.

Then followed up by the booking SMS, later.