Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The numbers are inferred from the VINs which can be done for Mol Ace ships. Unfortunately Morning Crystal and Grand Eagle are not Mol Ace ships.

I wouldn't completely lose hope about being on this ship. Based on previous posts on this thread, some people were notified a long time after vessel departure. Not the end of the world either way, there is another ship (Turandot) that is scheduled to arrive shortly after the Bergamot Ace

• Informative
Reactions: satred
For ceramic coating, which product or shop do you recommend?

Once ceramic applied, how long does it last and whether it will need to be reapplied / maintain periodically?
The lifetime depends on different weather conditions, and car wash material, something like soap or wax, something stronger than the coating, will wear it out quickly. one or two years with a good technique of application; more than five years is pretty rare.

Ah, I just noticed that there was a MYLR in Vic inventory, but it didn't get assigned to my order because of the free super charging for 3 months. I rang Tesla and asked them about it, and they said that they could assign it to my order if I didn't care about the super charging (which I don't), or I could cancel my existing order and buy it from inventory but forefit the $400 order fee. I asked them to do the first thing, it's now gone from inventory but I don't seem to have a hidden VIN on my Tesla account!

Maybe someone else got it instead!

Ah, I just noticed that there was a MYLR in Vic inventory, but it didn't get assigned to my order because of the free super charging for 3 months. I rang Tesla and asked them about it, and they said that they could assign it to my order if I didn't care about the super charging (which I don't), or I could cancel my existing order and buy it from inventory but forefit the $400 order fee. I asked them to do the first thing, it's now gone from inventory but I don't seem to have a hidden VIN on my Tesla account!

Maybe someone else got it instead!
why wouldnt you want free 3 months of supercharging? 🤔

The lifetime depends on different weather conditions, and car wash material, something like soap or wax, something stronger than the coating, will wear it out quickly. one or two years with a good technique of application; more than five years is pretty rare.

Is there a noticeable difference in appearance/performance to ceramic spray coatings like this - Ceramic spray coating?
These seem to need to be reapplied every 6-12 months but it is an easy diy job

I’m tempted by the ceramic coating which can be had for $795 at Fine Shine in Zetland with a 9 year guarantee but the logical part of me is telling me it’s not worth it and the money is better spent on more washes.

Is there a noticeable difference in appearance/performance to ceramic spray coatings like this - Ceramic spray coating?
These seem to need to be reapplied every 6-12 months but it is an easy diy job

I’m tempted by the ceramic coating which can be had for $795 at Fine Shine in Zetland with a 9 year guarantee but the logical part of me is telling me it’s not worth it and the money is better spent on more washes.
I have limited experience, but can say the spray product I used was very short-lived (a month or two), compared to the rub-on, rub-off treatment I used on the next car (and will use when my Tesla shows up).

Check that 9-year warranty. I have seen some that are good unless you pay for annual top-ups. Even then, how will you prove the coating has failed and make a claim? They can say the hydrophobic properties are only ever short-lived, but the ceramic coating is still protecting your paint, therefore your claim is denied. I would be very surprised to hear of someone who successfully made a claim under those warranties, I expect they are a false sense of security.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Exactly same stats for me….still waiting for the SDM with the same EDD , no concrete answer from SA if asked ….. they just say keep an eye on the SDM message you will get as soon as we have the vehicle at delivery centre …. It’s really frustrating I know …. But we can’t do much here unfortunately
I just got my EDD slide backward again. Used to be 23/06 - 8/07, now 26/06 - 11/07. Common Tesla - this is entering the ludicrous realm. 😥

And the word "ceramic" is actually misleading. Your vehicle is not ceramic coated - as in hard as a ceramic pot. Most of it are just silicon dioxide molecules in a liquid suspension. You wanna know what's really silicon dioxide ?. Glass. Now can someone can show me that a rub on or spray on product actually turns into a layer of glass?. No because there are not enough silicon dioxide molecules in the liquid suspension.

Ceramics are materials that are hardened by superheating in an oven.

I'll bet anyone their vehicle is not cooked in an oven

And I'll bet there is nothing in these products that are actually ceramic

Last edited:
Hey folks, so it turns out because I won the Elon lottery today by getting something from Inventory, they have just now sent me the schedule delivery text (at 5:30pm on a Friday). And the only options were Monday or Tuesday. This doesn't give me much time to do all the things. There is no instruction that I can see on the rego process - there's a form to download and sign but where to upload to! Does anyone know what to do or must I call Tesla? I hope they pick up the phone tomorrow, I'm assuming they finish at 5 on a weekday

Also, while I'm obviously stoked to get a car much faster than I had anticipated, the whole process sucks and I know so many of you have been waiting for a lot longer than me. It's very unfair.

Reactions: satred
Hey folks, so it turns out because I won the Elon lottery today by getting something from Inventory, they have just now sent me the schedule delivery text (at 5:30pm on a Friday). And the only options were Monday or Tuesday. This doesn't give me much time to do all the things. There is no instruction that I can see on the rego process - there's a form to download and sign but where to upload to! Does anyone know what to do or must I call Tesla? I hope they pick up the phone tomorrow, I'm assuming they finish at 5 on a weekday
You email the rego forms to a tesla email address. For NSW it was: [email protected]