Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is quite different to the experience a lot of people had mentioned here in that they are left alone with the car for as long as they want and then leave when they're ready. There a few videos of the sydney and melb pickup experience showing this as well. I guess YMMV
For the Model 3 we where the last people before lunch.
The guy spent a bit of time with us going over features and we parked in a spot with good light went around the car.

Two months later picked up the Model Y. When we said we have a Tesla he said cool let us know anything
Was parked next to the wall not great light.. We picked up a couple of marks on the front.. Which they cleaned up just missed from detailing.
Came home a couple of days later in the sun noticed a few small cracks in the rear tail light.
Guy came out and found small cracks on other three and all four replaced.

So honestly do not stress about it.
1687063315925.jpeg
1687063337973.jpeg

Does it have cruise control, I'm getting very confused. No parking 360 cameras, stopping on the freely. Our Nissan Qashqai parking 360 cameras are amazing. They have cameras on the side mirrors. We only use the camera view when reversing.
There is no cruise control I believe, its all auto pilot I think...I dont have one, just what I have read.

Yeah, the 360 view, no one knows why its not there.

Tesla will have its work cut out when the Volvo EX30 ships next year.

But it seems there is 1 factory in china making the EX30, what are the chances of landing one? you would need to sign up on day #1, it is going to be so popular. The volvo name is what everyone wants to be the cool family.

Still the car looks amazing. If safety is good, I can imagine it will be hottest car of 2024 easily.

Does it have cruise control, I'm getting very confused. No parking 360 cameras, stopping on the freely. Our Nissan Qashqai parking 360 cameras are amazing. They have cameras on the side mirrors. We only use the camera view when reversing.
Tesla brands its traffic-aware cruise control as Autopilot. Then there is Enhanced AutoPilot which has extra features and Full-Self Driving which doesn't currently offer much more than EAP in Australia.

Reactions: dietereater
Was speaking to a mate today with a new Dec 22 Model y.

He tells me he no longer uses auto pilot due to twice having phantom breaking. He said it was he thinks some shadows, it was late afternoon.

But one was a total stop from 100kmph on a motorway and he was really upset and Tesla really did nothing....he is really fearful of ever using auto pilot again.

This was I must admit really discouraging to hear.....anyone else hear such stories, I had heard about it years ago, I just assumed it was solved.

I have auto pilot in current ICE car and it has never failed, it is actually amazing. So I was really looking forward to AP on the tesla.
it happened to me twice on the way from sydney to melbourne. it was the shadow of the over head bridge that confused the auto pilot thought a truck. I'm still using auto pilot but very careful and hand always on the steering wheel and ready to disengage the auto pilot if necessary

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian

But it seems there is 1 factory in china making the EX30, what are the chances of landing one? you would need to sign up on day #1, it is going to be so popular. The volvo name is what everyone wants to be the cool family.

Still the car looks amazing. If safety is good, I can imagine it will be hottest car of 2024 easily.
Stop reading the clickbait rubbish on motoring websites, the EX30 may be a good EV but it IS NOT in the same size or shape category as any current Tesla and is NOT a competitor. Motoring publications need to mention Tesla in every EV article to get the views up.

Ordered a Model Y at the end of Feb. ETA at the time of order was Jun-Aug. Received an ETA of 19/6 which moved to 5/7 and then 16/8. Last week received the VIN and a new ETA of 15/7. VIN on Molace shows it’s on Bergamot Ace. Been tracking it and it’s queued up around Sorento waiting to dock. Oh the pain ………. How many days does backlog take to clear and is there a site for the dock schedule?

Ordered a Model Y at the end of Feb. ETA at the time of order was Jun-Aug. Received an ETA of 19/6 which moved to 5/7 and then 16/8. Last week received the VIN and a new ETA of 15/7. VIN on Molace shows it’s on Bergamot Ace. Been tracking it and it’s queued up around Sorento waiting to dock. Oh the pain ………. How many days does backlog take to clear and is there a site for the dock schedule?
It must have felt good when the EDD moved to 15/7. The time taken to get through really depends on how bad the port congestion is at the time.

Is this the site you are looking for? Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

I definitely won't be contributing towards Chinese missiles or war ships by spending my hard-earned money on cars made by Chinese owned companies. Can't avoid spending on small Chinese goods courtesy of corporate profit motives.

Reactions: rakendu
Ordered a Model Y at the end of Feb. ETA at the time of order was Jun-Aug. Received an ETA of 19/6 which moved to 5/7 and then 16/8. Last week received the VIN and a new ETA of 15/7. VIN on Molace shows it’s on Bergamot Ace. Been tracking it and it’s queued up around Sorento waiting to dock. Oh the pain ………. How many days does backlog take to clear and is there a site for the dock schedule
It must have felt good when the EDD moved to 15/7. The time taken to get through really depends on how bad the port congestion is at the time.

Is this the site you are looking for? Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

Ordered a Model Y at the end of Feb. ETA at the time of order was Jun-Aug. Received an ETA of 19/6 which moved to 5/7 and then 16/8. Last week received the VIN and a new ETA of 15/7. VIN on Molace shows it’s on Bergamot Ace. Been tracking it and it’s queued up around Sorento waiting to dock. Oh the pain ………. How many days does backlog take to clear and is there a site for the dock schedule
Felt real good when date got moved in but the feeling fizzled away quickly after tracking the ship queued up.
Thanks for the link. Surprisingly, no mention of Bergamot on the arrival schedule.

Felt real good when date got moved in but the feeling fizzled away quickly after tracking the ship queued up.
Thanks for the link. Surprisingly, no mention of Bergamot on the arrival schedule.
I did some rough maths today looking at one of the other ships, trans future ace, which arrived in Anchorage on the 16th and is due to dock on the 21st. So maybe 5 days? 23ish? In saying that I have no idea how any of this works!

Hi,
This may be off the threads topic, But not sure where else to post this. My model Y is making some strange noises, but I'm not sure if this is normal

But I picked up a tesla model Y Last week and yesterday on a road trip I noticed some rattling and wind whistling from the trunk near the back right of the car, I was sitting in the back right passenger seat.

This rattling is noticeable on freeways on slightly bumpy roads. For a bit of the journey there was some wind whistling noise accompanied with the rattling at infrequent intervals. Although the wind whistle was very quiet, but noticeable if you pay attention to it.

on the way back from the road trip, the wind whistle seemed to have ceased, but the rattling was still apparent at infrequent intervals on very slightly bumpy roads.

Another noise that seems absurd, is when the car is idle(park) and the AC is on, the car makes a slightly loud constant whine like sound that can be heard when standing outside that car and cannot be head in the interior, almost if a quiet generator is running. I get that there will probably be a noise in any car if the AC is on, but in my Model y it is loud, much louder than my other car (Mazda cx5)
This sound is similar to the sound that the car makes when preconditioning the battery for supercharging but quieter.

Are these sounds normal, and to be expected?

I did some rough maths today looking at one of the other ships, trans future ace, which arrived in Anchorage on the 16th and is due to dock on the 21st. So maybe 5 days? 23ish? In saying that I have no idea how any of this works!
Apparently our bio security checks is the cause for delays. I read somewhere that the port is able to complete a few 100 quarantine checks each week but the cars are arriving in the thousands.

Finally got a VIN allocated with EDD: July 04 - July 25
Order Date: 04 Apr 2023
MYRWD MSM / All Black / 19 inch

But heres the issue, couple of weeks ago I ordered another one without knowing it had white interior, it was a white / white car. Then wifey told me that she doesn't want white interior at all, so changed it to white / black.
Now I have 2 orders both with EDD: July 04 - 25, and now not sure if I can transfer it to anyone else or not. If someone knows how and wants white / black config MYRWD 19inch please DM me.