Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received this promo code from Tesla for a discount on their charger purchase while waiting on their car to arrive?
Pretty sure this is because he's had a MY on order (he says so in the comments, and based on previous videos, seems like he's been waiting since last year). Many others here waiting since last year have either received a UMC, or a code equivalent to UMC value.

Reactions: shadab
Pretty sure this is because he's had a MY on order (he says so in the comments, and based on previous videos, seems like he's been waiting since last year). Many others here waiting since last year have either received a UMC, or a code equivalent to UMC value.
I have been waiting since October and my car is overdue. I had to buy my UMC. I even offered to drive two days each way to collect my car, saving Tesla over $1500 in car carrier fees, and asked for them to refund my UMC purchase in exchange. They chose not to even do that. If they are handing out free chargers, I will be quite annoyed.

Mine came late last evening....and i have it for next week.....
So you'll take delivery just before EOFY? That's good news, even if they did cut it pretty fine.

I was amused by reading your post straight after James_H. It sounded like your baby came last night and you have it for the next week. Try-before-you-buy is an excellent idea for babies.

• Funny
Reactions: James_H
Has anyone received this promo code from Tesla for a discount on their charger purchase while waiting on their car to arrive?
He actually had a Model X (or S) on back order for a couple of years I believe, it was then cancelled obviously. I believe he said on Twitter that it was nothing to do with the deposit reimbursement, that was applied to his MY order, so this discount code was out of the blue, or as a "sorry" for cancelling the X.

He actually had a Model X (or S) on back order for a couple of years I believe, it was then cancelled obviously. I believe he said on Twitter that it was nothing to do with the deposit reimbursement, that was applied to his MY order, so this discount code was out of the blue, or as a "sorry" for cancelling the X.
$750 is not special price. That's the price I paid last year. I got a UMC for my M3, I'm pondering if I need to get one for my MY? There is a chance or two we both will drive both teslas outside the city.

Ordered MYRWD Blue on 20 April 2023 in Canberra. VIN assigned 9 May. Delivery schedule text received last night, no appointments available when I tried to schedule an hour or so after receiving text. Slots became available this morning and have booked for Sat 24th June pickup at Hume in ACT.

I think I've been very fortunate given the long wait some here are experiencing. However, this is all very timely as my current car was rear ended and written off last weekend!