Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry if this is a dumb question but what benefits do you get if they update the final invoice on the 1 July? What is an LCT and how does it affect us in saving costs? We're going through a novated lease and theyre saying that theres no difference if we submit a new final invoice on 1 July because were still under the 80k ish LCT anyways is that true? And givent that we just got a text saying car has arrived im guessing i have about 2 weeks to sort out and pay the car but if i have to wait for the final invoice on the 1st of july that potentially gives me a couple days for novated lease to transfer the funds through successfully?

thanks in advance!
Benefit of invoice on July 1 is less LCT if you current invoice include LCT.
LCT is Luxury Car Tax. This financial year you pay lct if purchase is over $84ish K. Next financial year it's for purchase over $88ish K. If business fleet purchase, if you buy under the lct threshold, you don't pay fbt (fringe benefit tax) for personal use of vehicle.

Same thing happened with Model 3. The estimate is accurate because Tesla is getting towards the end of the initial order rush.
I think it is more that Tesla show the earliest date that some of their customers will receive their cars. They are banking on people believing the date range and then sticking with the order because they are already invested.

• Informative
Reactions: satred
I think it is more that Tesla show the earliest date that some of their customers will receive their cars. They are banking on people believing the date range and then sticking with the order because they are already invested.
Called short sighted marketing... tell people what they want to hear to secure the sale. Gets you the sale, but may limit future sale prospects by upsetting buyer. Tesla hope that the enjoyment of the car will make you forget the lies.
Buggers are probably right, 🤣

sorry if this is a dumb question but what benefits do you get if they update the final invoice on the 1 July? What is an LCT and how does it affect us in saving costs? We're going through a novated lease and theyre saying that theres no difference if we submit a new final invoice on 1 July because were still under the 80k ish LCT anyways is that true? And givent that we just got a text saying car has arrived im guessing i have about 2 weeks to sort out and pay the car but if i have to wait for the final invoice on the 1st of july that potentially gives me a couple days for novated lease to transfer the funds through successfully?

thanks in advance!
I don’t think LCT applies to you if your car is below $84 k. So you can schedule your delivery.

• Love
Reactions: Nrcl
well my EDD just got pushed again....

MY RWD (Red). Ordered Nov 6. Shipped on Grand Eagle to PK.

EDD is now Jul 14 - Aug 4 from an orig delivery time of Feb / early March.

And again - I'm seeing others on the same ship getting deliveries already who ordered well after us......trying hard to not be critical of the process (I understand supply chain logistics) but the total lack of anything resembling customer service at this point is wearing extremely thin.