Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My worry is when Tesla message you for delivery but only give you options that are in the next 2 days which would leave me scrambling to get the novated leasing company to pay the invoice.
I got my schedule msg yesterday at 11am, called Toyota Fleet soon after and they paid it the same day. They were very organised. Ready for pickup next Wednesday.

Just called Tesla rep again - no luck in trying to escalate or get my car swapped for someone who doesn't need it urgently before EOFY. They can't help it. They did say they are trying to push these cars out before EOFY as fast as they can...

Sad sad...

are you a Business customer? If so, I think you still have a chance and might be that Tesla still trying to prioritize business over personal for EOFY tax benefits
Not, personal purchases but going through novated lease :( Apparently need to go through whole application process and change in rates/repayments after EOFY too!

Reactions: satred
I'm pleasantly surprised to keep reading of how accommodating other's tesla SA's are. Mine just gives me a blatant "Refer to your tesla account for the most up to date updates and rely on the emails and sms's. I do not have any additional information".
How come other's SA's can get such great detail on the whereabouts of the car, but mine not?

• Funny
I've contacted my SA and was told that the car will be at Alexandria on the 8th July so I know now it won't be in my hand by EOFY.
MY RWD Blue with white interior, on GE, RAV 18/5, Ordered 17/1, Built 24/4
How come they can give you that answer straight away whilst my rep goes "oh I can't give you the date" when I kept pushing numerous times! What's your secret? 🤨 haha

How come they can give you that answer straight away whilst my rep goes "oh I can't give you the date" when I kept pushing numerous times! What's your secret? 🤨 haha
No secret ;) when I ordered my M3 last year through him and wife's MY this year as well so I guess he is happy and I'm happy☺️. I've just got confirmation as well that the car won't come with UMC and I have to buy it myself from Tesla shop. I can claimed it when it's in Novated Lease as accessories/parts.

• Informative
Does anyone know if you can buy umc from one of telsa shop/delivery centre?
If buying from online shop, can you pick up from one of their centres?

I want to buy one preferably brick and mortar so that i can ensure it's the newer 15A tail
I think you can only order it from Tesla shop to be sent to your address, @Eaglezzz . It will arrive 2-5 days the most

Reactions: Eaglezzz
Hi guys. I am taking delivery of a tesla model y in July hopefully and I am trading in my current car. Iam purchasing the new tesla via novated lease. The lease company said the ATO does not allow you to reduce the novated lease amount via the trade in credit. I rang tesla and they told me that it is fine. as they will simply take the car and contact me after to transfer me the agreed trade in value to my bank account. Does anyone here have any experience with this i.e. is this correct?

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Hi guys. I am taking delivery of a tesla model y in July hopefully and I am trading in my current car. Iam purchasing the new tesla via novated lease. The lease company said the ATO does not allow you to reduce the novated lease amount via the trade in credit. I rang tesla and they told me that it is fine. as they will simply take the car and contact me after to transfer me the agreed trade in value to my bank account. Does anyone here have any experience with this i.e. is this correct?
This is most likely related to the balloon/residual amount that is governed by the ATO. So yes, you'll still need to take out the novated lease on the full amount of the Tesla, and you'll just receive a bank transfer for the amount of the trade-in. Probably also means more $$ for the financing company

I'm pleasantly surprised to keep reading of how accommodating other's tesla SA's are. Mine just gives me a blatant "Refer to your tesla account for the most up to date updates and rely on the emails and sms's. I do not have any additional information".
How come other's SA's can get such great detail on the whereabouts of the car, but mine not?
It obviously varies a lot. My SA is a nice bloke but pretty unresponsive.

It obviously varies a lot. My SA is a nice bloke but pretty unresponsive.
Mine is never contactable - I've never spoken to the actual SA assigned to us other than the day we test drove, and that individual no longer works at Telsa. Rather we've been bounced to various people, never the one we were told to contact. Most recently the attitude seems to be "just wait or cancel and forfeit the deposit. There's plenty of other people that will buy your car so....meh...."