Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can delay, by missing the payment deadline.....
And lose your deposit when Tesla cancel your order by not taking delivery within 7 days.
It's in the order agreement.

Though I'd love to see someone challenge that clause, because it seems a very one-sided and unreasonable condition. Tesla can delay your order as long as they want, with zero useful communications. And then they give you 2-10 days notice that you have to pick up the car within a given week.

Just called Tesla to see where my order is at - my EDD moved to Jul 1-22 now as well. Pick up at Alexandria, Sydney.

The rep told me the car hasn't reach the delivery centre yet and says in their system it will be the first 2 weeks in July, but likely to be the first week where I'll will receive the SMS... no chance to be delivered before EOFY though.

Very very disappointing to hear this...

And lose your deposit when Tesla cancel your order by not taking delivery within 7 days.
It's in the order agreement.

Though I'd love to see someone challenge that clause, because it seems a very one-sided and unreasonable condition. Tesla can delay your order as long as they want, with zero useful communications. And then they give you 2-10 days notice that you have to pick up the car within a given week.
I doubt Tesla will cancel. The lawyers put it in. Standard clauses. They don't have to enforce it and they won't now as within weeks, supply will exceed demand and Tesla will want very buyer they can get.

Yes, it is frustrating. But that is the way it is unfortunately. The positives I think outweigh the negatives.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, SYD

Last edited:
They don't have to enforce it and they won't now as within weeks, supply will exceed demand and Tesla will want very buyer they can get.
They dont have to, but they can

I think its the other way round. Demand exceed supply. and Tesla does not have to advertise for people to buy their vehicles. There is no evidence that their factories have excess production capacity. I don't think the ending of the EOFY ATO leg up will dampen demand. There are still very attractive ATO leg ups for FY2024

They dont have to, but they can

I think its the other way round. Demand exceed supply. and Tesla does not have to advertise for people to buy their vehicles. There is no evidence that their factories have excess production capacity. I don't think the ending of the EOFY ATO leg up will dampen demand. There are still very attractive ATO leg ups for FY2024

Supply and capacity will remain steady. The initial demand hump will subside. Alternative EVs are now on the market, or will soon come on the market. Plus a very bad recession is about to hit Australia. UK & Europe too. USA eventually, as also most other regions. By the end of the year, demand will have come off big time. The fact that the EDD is now much shorter for anyone buying today, tells you that the supply and demand are more in balance. Pricing has been quite steady despite inflation.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, SYD

Reactions: Quickst
Is this a good sign?

Attachments

• IMG_0102.png
    IMG_0102.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: aus_y
Hi all…Still waiting for any contact from Tesla on my vin, delivery, etc..but I have a different screen and view option regarding pre-delivery tasks….would this meant that it is a little closer?
When I select the view button it’s just gives me a start option.. but you can’t select it.

1687948055747.png