Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't mind with Vanilla colour and black leather interior plus gemini wheels. The saving is definitely there. Hopefully you can get it faster since lots of people cancelled their order and now probably reconsidering going back to White, RWD, GeminiGemini
If you don't mind with Vanilla colour and black leather interior plus gemini wheels. The saving is definitely there. Hopefully you can get it faster since lots of people cancelled their order and now probably reconsidering going back to White, RWD, Gemini
The Gemini wheels are an upgrade that actually reduces the overall price.

Pick my Model Y tomorrow at Chatswood Tesla
The funny story was they push me picked up last Friday ,however my flight cancelled and i cannot back to Sydney , then they rush me on Saturday Morning before 10:00, my flight cancelled again and back to Sydney on 14:00pm.lol........today they didnot rush me again ,just ask payment detail
I hope you are qualified for the price cut ;)

You may choose either white interior (i did) or a colour (not red) to stand below NSW green rebate threshold

I have been waiting on the White Model Y RWD with Gemini Wheels and White Interior ($68,700 incl order fee & delivery fee). Apparently it comes in $50 under the NSW rebate threshold which is $68,750. I'm just concerned as the driveaway price is obviously $1,000 more due to CTP, Licence plate fee and Registration that it'll cause issues with the rebate.

Reactions: Ken Liu
I have been waiting on the White Model Y RWD with Gemini Wheels and White Interior ($68,700 incl order fee & delivery fee). Apparently it comes in $50 under the NSW rebate threshold which is $68,750. I'm just concerned as the driveaway price is obviously $1,000 more due to CTP, Licence plate fee and Registration that it'll cause issues with the rebate.
The $68750 rebate threshold is on dutiable value ie $68700. I’m sure you (and I) will be fine

Reactions: OffGreenFX
It's fantastic value with the rebate. I don't know of any car on the market with the features and size of a Model Y that you can buy for $66,900 in NSW (Incl rebate). Add in the fact it's an electric vehicle and it just becomes a no brainer.
If anyone hasn’t placed an order the time is now! At least to lock in the ever lowest price in australia

If you are using ChargeHQ then turn off scheduled charging in the Tesla app and use the scheduled charging in ChargeHQ, it is far more comprehensive.
I would actually recommend leaving scheduled charging on on the Tesla/app when using ChargeHQ to manage scheduling. It is a supported mode in ChargeHQ and provides two benefits.

The first more important reason is that if the Tesla, Telstra or ChargeHQ servers have a network outage or failure then the charge will still charge and you will not unexpectedly be left without a charge. As the Tesla part of scheduled charing is saved to the car, it is not reliant on continued network access.

There was a Telstra outage in the SMSes used to wake the Tesla cars recently which caused issues with some peoples cars not charging when expected. With Tesla scheduled charging the car still woke with the onboard timer.

The second is that outside of the scheduled charging time, and a 6 hour window in front of that, the Tesla will not briefly begin a charge and then have ChargeHQ have to kick in to stop the charge. Only if you plug in in that 6 hour window will ChargeHQ have to stop the charge if it does not meet your charging profile set in ChargeHQ.