Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the NL company has to take some of the blame here for being so inflexible they can't allow $13 increase in the financed amount without a bunch of Vogon paperwork.
haha if only, they would never take fault, just like tesla. NL advised theyd have to redo from the start and we cant even just pay the $13 difference, we just asked them to pay an old invoice and fingers crossed the bank allows it and we'll just go in and pay the $13 ( thrown on the floor in 10 cent coins if we could).
Note for other NSW NL users: do not ask for an updated final invoice if you dont want to go through the whole process again.
Thank you for all the help guys.Really appreciate it, would be lost if I wasnt on this forum

haha if only, they would never take fault, just like tesla. NL advised theyd have to redo from the start and we cant even just pay the $13 difference, we just asked them to pay an old invoice and fingers crossed the bank allows it and we'll just go in and pay the $13 ( thrown on the floor in 10 cent coins if we could).
Note for other NSW NL users: do not ask for an updated final invoice if you dont want to go through the whole process again.
Thank you for all the help guys.Really appreciate it, would be lost if I wasnt on this forum

What's the outcome for yours? I do kinda understand where the NL is coming from as that amount may need to go through approval and the lease figures will change (ever so slightly), as annoying as it is

I would be pushing back on Tesla to match the invoice to the order agreement and make them wear the $13

Or do a dodgy and edit the original invoice in photoshop with your correct address and pay the $13 to Tesla yourself

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: Nrcl and satred
What's the outcome for yours? I do kinda understand where the NL is coming from as that amount may need to go through approval and the lease figures will change (ever so slightly), as annoying as it is

I would be pushing back on Tesla to match the invoice to the order agreement and make them wear the $13

Or do a dodgy and edit the original invoice in photoshop with your correct address and pay the $13 to Tesla yourself
Hahaha i did the second option of doing a dodgy and the NL and banks have successfully transferred. NL wouldnt budge with the whole needing to do the whole new process to see if i could financially handle an extra $13 on top of the $69k haha.
What i find so dumb is that tesla owes me $ from the deposit because NL wants to pay the full amount and both tesla or NL couldnt do some sort of work around so that i just get less refunded to me somehow.
So now will wait and see when tesla sees the funds and call them to try to reschedule our pick up date and ask if i can just pay them when im there or transfer the $13 across myself. To think i couldve just lost my deposit and the car over $13 baffles me.

• Funny
Reactions: [Zombie] and blonky
Does anyone know where regional NSW vehicles are offloaded? I am based in Northern NSW. Brisbane would be a much closer port to me but if it unloaded there I am not sure how things like rego would work?

I am assuming the process is: unload vehicle, process through quarantine, register vehicle, then truck to my location.

Anyone have experience of a regional delivery further from Sydney?

ask if i can just pay them when im there or transfer the $13 across myself

Appreciate if you can let us know what Tesla say. I’m in the same boat and have had so many issues setting up my NL so far that there is no way I am going backwards for $13..

I’m planning to just let the NL settle with the invoice they already have and will deal with the $13 myself, though would be good to hear a success story before I do that!

Reactions: Nrcl
Appreciate if you can let us know what Tesla say. I’m in the same boat and have had so many issues setting up my NL so far that there is no way I am going backwards for $13..

I’m planning to just let the NL settle with the invoice they already have and will deal with the $13 myself, though would be good to hear a success story before I do that!
Oh yeah for sure, ill let you know what they say, i called tesla today to ask about it and they did say that the full amount needs to be paid for them to release the car to you they said you could transfer it yourself or pay in store and made a big point twice on saying "there would be a surcharge though" but damn a whole 20 cents ?! haha
anyways. that saying if youre going on a NL tesla will actually owe you money so as long as they get the old invoice price you wouldve overpaid as you need to get your deposit refunded back to you.
my recommendation is to not give your NL any new final invoices because everyone that didnt request for a new final invoice will just pay the difference upon pick up (or asked to transfer cuz of 20c surcharge when you get your call 48 hours prior to pickup)
If i knew how much hassle this NL would be i wouldnt have done it my goodness..

Oh yeah for sure, ill let you know what they say, i called tesla today to ask about it and they did say that the full amount needs to be paid for them to release the car to you they said you could transfer it yourself or pay in store and made a big point twice on saying "there would be a surcharge though" but damn a whole 20 cents ?! haha
anyways. that saying if youre going on a NL tesla will actually owe you money so as long as they get the old invoice price you wouldve overpaid as you need to get your deposit refunded back to you.
my recommendation is to not give your NL any new final invoices because everyone that didnt request for a new final invoice will just pay the difference upon pick up (or asked to transfer cuz of 20c surcharge when you get your call 48 hours prior to pickup)
If i knew how much hassle this NL would be i wouldnt have done it my goodness..
Awesome thanks and hopefully no issues. I guess all Tesla care about is getting their money! Annoying thing is I didn't even request an updated invoice, it just got updated today, so I imagine they are in the process of updating everyone's in NSW.

Agree 100% about the NL.. never imagined it would be this hard or take so long to jump through all the hoops with multiple errors/mistakes by the NL company causing delays along the way. Wouldn't bother next time.

I’m not defending Leasing companies but I used to work for an Insurance company and we had a number of dealings with Lease companies at the time.
The way it was explained to me is that when you lease a car the Owner’ of the car is the lease company, not you. If you fail to pay or fulfil the terms of the lease, then the Lease company can repossess ‘their’ vehicle from you. They insist on paying for the vehicle in full as they don’t want any potential legal complications over their ownership of the vehicle, even paying $13 of a $60K car is potential part ownership and can complicate the repossession process.
Not a lawyer, but just my understanding, gained from what I learned during my time dealing with leasing companies.

• Informative
Reactions: Epping2023 and Nrcl
Awesome thanks and hopefully no issues. I guess all Tesla care about is getting their money! Annoying thing is I didn't even request an updated invoice, it just got updated today, so I imagine they are in the process of updating everyone's in NSW.

Agree 100% about the NL.. never imagined it would be this hard or take so long to jump through all the hoops with multiple errors/mistakes by the NL company causing delays along the way. Wouldn't bother next time.
Hey we managed to actually call this morning once our payment settled yesterday to set up pick up for tomorrow morning, but then got a text asking if we wanted to try slot in for an earlier time and we thought what could be earlier than tomorrow 930 am when you guys open. But alas, they called and scheduled us in 3 hours later, so just picked up the car at 3pm just now, rego done and with the $13 minus'd from the deposit.

Have some small issues , our frunk seems to be a bit drooped on one side, creating a bit of a panel gap so will raise that with servicing and a small scratch at the bottom lip bumper just underneath about 1cm large. the guys there said i can raise anything within 5 days or 100kms and theyll get it fixed on their dime.
Wanted to go through the checklist but it was way too long and i just gave up haha about 15 steps through. Ive never checked a car this thoroughly in my life and wasnt sure why i was starting now 😅

Reactions: catham8
Hey we managed to actually call this morning once our payment settled yesterday to set up pick up for tomorrow morning, but then got a text asking if we wanted to try slot in for an earlier time and we thought what could be earlier than tomorrow 930 am when you guys open. But alas, they called and scheduled us in 3 hours later, so just picked up the car at 3pm just now, rego done and with the $13 minus'd from the deposit.

Have some small issues , our frunk seems to be a bit drooped on one side, creating a bit of a panel gap so will raise that with servicing and a small scratch at the bottom lip bumper just underneath about 1cm large. the guys there said i can raise anything within 5 days or 100kms and theyll get it fixed on their dime.
Wanted to go through the checklist but it was way too long and i just gave up haha about 15 steps through. Ive never checked a car this thoroughly in my life and wasnt sure why i was starting now 😅
The frunk issue, try to adjust the round rubber's height by twisting up or down to make the frunk and sides to be leveled.

Picked up my MYRWD Yesteday from Port Melbourne.

Pickup Experience:

Arrived about 10 mins before my scheduled pickup time. The Staff at the front desk checked my ID and pointed out where my car was parked. Went down to the delivery floor where one of the staff showed us the car and walked us through setting up the key on my and Partner's Phone. He then left us to check the car out by ourselves unbothered. He just told us to honk if required.

The Car:

Wow! not a single issue found. Checked panel gaps, interior quality, exterior paint, all glass windows, and under the car. Used a checklist that took about 30mins to get through with 2 people. I can confirm the car comes Boombox and the Parcel Shelf. No UMC. Car was charged to 76% (Staff said to plug the car in if you wanted more juice, but we decided to take it out as we were keen to try it on the road)

The drive is very smooth. Took about 40km for the car to complete the calibration process before I could use Cruise Control. Barely hear outside of the car in middle of Traffic. Still trying to get used to all the functions, but one I found really amazing is the car will give you a ding when you are in traffic and the light turns green, or the car ahead starts moving after a full stop. I found that so useful considering I frequently day dream when I drive. The steering wheel is much stiffer than my previous small car. Something I'll need to get used to.

Car took about 30mins to update when we arrived home. Plugged to charge using UMC. I'm still getting used to the car fan's operating randomly when in the garage (checked the manual and says they run to 1) keep the car dry, 2) maintain battery at "optimum" temperature, and 3) to cool the car if its too hot. Its been a rainy day in Melbourne, so I'm assuming its Option 1)

Can't wait to start using the voice commands and see what they can do.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this Forum for helping me understand the process and all the questions that I had. I'm going to bow out of this Thread now!

Good luck to all those that are waiting!

Cheers,

Picked up my MYRWD Yesteday from Port Melbourne.

Pickup Experience:

Arrived about 10 mins before my scheduled pickup time. The Staff at the front desk checked my ID and pointed out where my car was parked. Went down to the delivery floor where one of the staff showed us the car and walked us through setting up the key on my and Partner's Phone. He then left us to check the car out by ourselves unbothered. He just told us to honk if required.

The Car:

Wow! not a single issue found. Checked panel gaps, interior quality, exterior paint, all glass windows, and under the car. Used a checklist that took about 30mins to get through with 2 people. I can confirm the car comes Boombox and the Parcel Shelf. No UMC. Car was charged to 76% (Staff said to plug the car in if you wanted more juice, but we decided to take it out as we were keen to try it on the road)

The drive is very smooth. Took about 40km for the car to complete the calibration process before I could use Cruise Control. Barely hear outside of the car in middle of Traffic. Still trying to get used to all the functions, but one I found really amazing is the car will give you a ding when you are in traffic and the light turns green, or the car ahead starts moving after a full stop. I found that so useful considering I frequently day dream when I drive. The steering wheel is much stiffer than my previous small car. Something I'll need to get used to.

Car took about 30mins to update when we arrived home. Plugged to charge using UMC. I'm still getting used to the car fan's operating randomly when in the garage (checked the manual and says they run to 1) keep the car dry, 2) maintain battery at "optimum" temperature, and 3) to cool the car if its too hot. Its been a rainy day in Melbourne, so I'm assuming its Option 1)

Can't wait to start using the voice commands and see what they can do.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this Forum for helping me understand the process and all the questions that I had. I'm going to bow out of this Thread now!

Good luck to all those that are waiting!

Cheers,
Congrats! Is your UMC charging at 8a or 10a? Mine is only charging at 8a even though I am using a 10a tail. Not sure what is happening.

Congrats! Is your UMC charging at 8a or 10a? Mine is only charging at 8a even though I am using a 10a tail. Not sure what is happening.
The car firmware was changed, so it won't update the UMC at the moment. Tesla have said they are working on it, but gave no ETA.

Great write-up. Glad it went well for you. Have you seen that you can adjust how stiff the steering is? It doesn't fix the huge turning circle, but it does allow you I turn the wheel more easily.

I like the green-light ding, too. My wife turned it off, but I like it.

for anyone who recently picked up their MY, does it come with any mobile charger? or do I have to buy my own (we're also planning to get the wall charger eventually)
As some others have said unfortunately you won't get the UMC tesla mobile charger. YMMV but what I did is, firstly beware certain aussie youtubers who are paid to promote expensive alternatives and don't have to fork out $450!, looked around for good alternatives that won't break the bank. Note I don't have any affliation and paid retail for these.

What I found was this UMC alternative: MIDA Adjustable Portable EV Charger | 8A 10A 15A | Type 2 AU Plug $279 as of writing. This works perfectly on 15 amp sockets and also through my caravan converter that allows you to plug in to a standard 10 amp household plug. This was reviewed by an electrical expert (also unlike the youtubers who use stuff once) who analyses the internal components and found them to be really good quality.

I also bought an (relatively) inexpensive type 2 cable for those charger that need it and instead of paying $200+ I paid $140. You can probably get cheaper from aliexpress or somewhere but I bought an unbranded one locally in case it turned out to be crap quality - which it didn't and has been good so far.