Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to note, and thank you for the information :)

I wasn't trying to "single out" anyone in particular, apologies if my post came across the wrong way!

I've just got a memory for numbers/dates, and happened to know some folks who have orders around, or after my time have progressed further. IMO that's awesome - each and every person who can swap over to an EV is helping the environment - one of the driving reasons I want to change over :)
THis is EV #2 for us... and coming from a 4WD diesel. So I share much of the same sentiment as you.

But the # of MY's on the road in Sydney these days is a sight to behold. Part of me doesnt like seeing every shopping centre charging station chock full of them, but it does support how good of a car it is.

THis is EV #2 for us... and coming from a 4WD diesel. So I share much of the same sentiment as you.

But the # of MY's on the road in Sydney these days is a sight to behold. Part of me doesnt like seeing every shopping centre charging station chock full of them, but it does support how good of a car it is.
I think it largely shows how good Tesla have been at making significant numbers of cars available (even if they had to misrepresent the waiting times to do it!). There are other manufacturers that could be selling well if they just delivered enough cars - Hyundai being a prime example. I think we'll see the mix of EVs on the roads become a lot more eclectic over the next couple of years.

I agree that it feels like a mixed blessing when there are a lot of EVs competing for charging stations. On the one hand, I want charging stations to be free whenever I want them. On the other, more EVs means more impetus to build the infrastructure which makes road trips easier to plan (especially for regional and rural drivers).

Log in via the webpage and hit manage vehicle. Where your Order Agreement is, there should now be one additional document- Application for Vehicle Registration which would contain your VIN.
What's the situation if you've already completed the registration step (I have)? Mind, I have an outstanding caluation for trade-in, and I feel this might now be "queued" for completion internally, and then the VIN revealed?

Log in via the webpage and hit manage vehicle. Where your Order Agreement is, there should now be one additional document- Application for Vehicle Registration which would contain your VIN.
so sad...there's no
It's normal, Tesla don't build cars to order, they build them in batches, figure out where they are going and then look at outstanding orders to match.

So you can't compare order dates with someone ordering a different spec vehicle in another state.

that makes sense, thanks mate