Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was fast. Ordered a Model Y Long Range in white, black wheels, black interior this morning around 9am. Got an email about 10:30am from Tesla that I was matched to a car. Did the pre delivery things and a hidden VIN showed up in source. Melbourne delivery.

Just got a call at 4pm from Tesla to tell me I have been instantly matched, I have a car and expect delivery September 12 - October 3 but most likely at the start of that window.

Vin shows up in RAV with entry on 14/8, build date 07/23.

Much nicer than the 7 months I waited for my 2022 M3 LR to get delivered from when I ordered.
So how does that work? I ordered the exact same spec on 12 Aug (a week earlier) and fully completed all the tasks (rego, etc), and it is still saying delivery Aug-Sep and "we will be in contact when a VIN is assigned"? Happy that you got a quick result, but very unhappy that I feel for some reason I have been dropped in the queue somehow and who knows when it will arrive.
When I looked into the website and click Manage, I notice it has dropped my name from the title and just shows "'s Tesla".
1692875545000.png

Any advice out there? What is the best number to call Tesla on?

So how does that work? I ordered the exact same spec on 12 Aug (a week earlier) and fully completed all the tasks (rego, etc), and it is still saying delivery Aug-Sep and "we will be in contact when a VIN is assigned"? Happy that you got a quick result, but very unhappy that I feel for some reason I have been dropped in the queue somehow and who knows when it will arrive.
When I looked into the website and click Manage, I notice it has dropped my name from the title and just shows "'s Tesla".
View attachment 967803
Can't compare with the other poster's timeline as you're not in the same location. Different ships stop at different ports at different times.

Can't compare with the other poster's timeline as you're not in the same location. Different ships stop at different ports at different times.
True. Plus Tesla's order fulfilment can be pretty random and awful.
Did you get an SMS from Tesla Sales? You can respond directly to that. They usually respond within one business day. If it is more urgent, you can call 1800 686 705.

View attachment 967803
That "'s Tesla" seems to happen occasionally. Usually refreshing the page or browsing to it in a new tab fixes it.

dropped in the queue somehow
Nothing you can do. Don't expect that your delivery will be the same as someone else's. It often is completely different
One thing you can be sure of is they will contact you at some stage.
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process, other than to cancel the order and pick one of the inventory cars

Please join the #ImInTheDarkAboutMyTeslaOrder club"

Nothing you can do. Don't expect that your delivery will be the same as someone else's. It often is completely different
One thing you can be sure of is they will contact you at some stage.
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process, other than to cancel the order and pick one of the inventory cars

Please join the #ImInTheDarkAboutMyTeslaOrder club"
Thanks. Not so worried about the speed of the process (earlier is always better, anything less than 6 months others have had to wait is good). Just feeling miffed that someone can order the same spec later and get it sooner- just feels wrong.

Thanks for the feedback on the “‘s Tesla”. I have logged out, logged in, cleared cache, cleared cookies, used different devices and different browsers and get the same. Will call Tesla to make sure the system hasn’t broken and that has dropped me off the queue.
It truly is just a display problem. Happens randomly for me, it's simply not siplaying the variable set in the page for the account display name.

If you can see your order under your account, all is in order, and you can save yourself the phone call.

Try incognito window in Chrome.

Got my “Your Model Y has arrived in Australia” message and email today.

Anyone know if that’s just an Arrived in the port / customs / quarantine etc.. or it’s making its ways to the Tesla dealership now?
Friend received the same just now too. Means the boat has docked and car needs to be unloaded, transported to the delivery centre and then tidied up a bit.
Thinking the boat was Glovis Caravel for anyone following

Normally it takes between 6 - 30 days from now to pickup

It truly is just a display problem. Happens randomly for me, it's simply not siplaying the variable set in the page for the account display name.

If you can see your order under your account, all is in order, and you can save yourself the phone call.

Try incognito window in Chrome.
Thanks. I did end up calling Tesla and got on pretty quick. Very helpful, and confirmed all in order as you have all said here. Thanks all! Will keep waiting 😀

Got my “Your Model Y has arrived in Australia” message and email today.

Anyone know if that’s just an Arrived in the port / customs / quarantine etc.. or it’s making its ways to the Tesla dealership now?
I got this message on Monday about 3 days after the ship docked at Fremantle.

Eagerly awaiting my delivery appointment text. Other owners reported starting taking delivery yesterday. Must be close but have heard appointments are already out to 2nd week of September.

A few more weeks is nothing in the scheme of things but going to the petrol station between now and then seems like a huge waste of money.

I got this message on Monday about 3 days after the ship docked at Fremantle.

Eagerly awaiting my delivery appointment text. Other owners reported starting taking delivery yesterday. Must be close but have heard appointments are already out to 2nd week of September.

A few more weeks is nothing in the scheme of things but going to the petrol station between now and then seems like a huge waste of money.
Haha I know what you mean… today I did a lot of driving in my wife’s Skoda, and could only think how much better this would have been in my MY… Won’t be long now.. I’m more worried about how long my fleet company will take then Tesla

Reactions: Still Need BP