Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just got a message that a VIN has been assigned to my order. I ordered off their existing Inventory. Based on your experience how long do you need to wait and what other processes are involved? I have been assigned 24 Dec - 14 Jan Delivery window. Not sure if it will happen earlier knowing the car is in their inventory now. I'm in Melbourne.

One more thing, Is a Type 2 to Type 2 cable useful?

thank you!
If you are in Melbourne and you now have a delivery date of 24 Dec to 14 Jan, it seems strange that I am in Adelaide and have a delivery date of 18 Dec to 8 Jan. This all makes no sense to me. I thought the cars were all offloaded in Melbourne and then trucked across to ADL

I guess they can unload the cars not the concrete platform? Otherwise it looks like it’s a dedicated grain terminal.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpeg
    IMG_2960.jpeg
    968.6 KB · Views: 26
Is there any Brisbane based GC watchers who unfortunately didn't get theirs on the initial unload? If they get the text message, then we can raise hopes for PK and Melbourne.
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but the grain terminal doesn't look like it can physically unload cars.. I think it may be a staging area for vehicle carriers - to wait their turn. All we need is a stiff breeze and it'll drift tot he vehicle unloading area.

Can someone in Brisbane give it a little push?

1701385704260.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Li
The website says that the grain terminal can accommodate car offloading but depends on availability and the ship. I can't think of any other reason the GC would be here. As mentioned, they wouldn't do another inspection or fumigation at a grain terminal.
I guess if the ship had it's ass pointing east, it could potentially extend the ramp onto the vehicle unloading area.. but based on the ship tracking website, it's pointing the wrong way...

I guess we wait and see. The fact that it hasn't got a planned departure date makes me think it's an inspection.. though the fact that at fisherman's may mean that they 'expect' it to pass?

the waiting game continues

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but the grain terminal doesn't look like it can physically unload cars.. I think it may be a staging area for vehicle carriers - to wait their turn. All we need is a stiff breeze and it'll drift tot he vehicle unloading area.

Can someone in Brisbane give it a little push?

View attachment 995199
Yeah the grain port didn’t look like a vehicle unload location

The positive signs I've seen (not based in any knowledge).
1. The port site had it categorised as "REM" which is: REM = Removal movement, this is where a ship moves from one location within the port to another, for example may move from one berth to another for loading of different goods
2. Port website states: The Grain Berth can accommodate some car carrier vessels. This berth can be used for motor vehicles when available and suitable for the vessel.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 16
The positive signs I've seen (not based in any knowledge).
1. The port site had it categorised as "REM" which is: REM = Removal movement, this is where a ship moves from one location within the port to another, for example may move from one berth to another for loading of different goods
2. Port website states: The Grain Berth can accommodate some car carrier vessels. This berth can be used for motor vehicles when available and suitable for the vessel.
Somebody who lives near by the port, please drive there and see if there are any cars being unloaded? lol 😂 😂

Reactions: inexus