Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having very low trust level on Tesla Australia right now. I don’t think it reflects Elon Musk’s vision by keeping everyone in dark and bringing in standard (useless) response. There has to be a transparency even though s**t happens! I’m sure many people appreciate if Tesla actually show the efforts put to resolve this delivery issue!

Reactions: syntaxfx
By the way.... if like me u r in NSW, I hope you downloaded you final invoice when was first sent to you...
Because, the latest sms around the final invoice contains a surprise...
not a good one.
Now the invoice has also Stamp Duties, $ 2,535.00 in my case.
I can't wait to call them next week and figure out if they are out of their mind?

For my understanding because we have paid the "deposit" be4 the 1 January 2024 we should still have a way not to pay or to get them refunded...

Anyway, this saga is making me losing sleep, now my Estimated Delivery: February 06 - February 27
Just keep changing.
Tesla, not cool!

Important changes from 1 January 2024

The stamp duty exemption will end on 31 December 2023. 

Individuals and businesses that have purchased or placed a deposit on an eligible EV prior to 1 January 2024 will still be eligible to receive the stamp duty exemption, regardless of whether the vehicle has been delivered by that date. This ensures that purchasers who are unable to register their vehicle by 31 December 2023 are not disadvantaged for delays in delivery.

The automatically applied exemption on registration will end on 31 December 2023. Applications for stamp duty refunds for eligible EVs can be lodged until 30 June 2024. Applications lodged between 1 January and 30 June 2024 will require proof of purchase (i.e. a contract to purchase) and deposit payment (where applicable), to indicate that the purchase or deposit payment was made prior to 1 January 2024.

By the way.... if like me u r in NSW, I hope you downloaded you final invoice when was first sent to you...
Because, the latest sms around the final invoice contains a surprise...
not a good one.
Now the invoice has also Stamp Duties, $ 2,535.00 in my case.
I can't wait to call them next week and figure out if they are out of their mind?

For my understanding because we have paid the "deposit" be4 the 1 January 2024 we should still have a way not to pay or to get them refunded...

Anyway, this saga is making me losing sleep, now my Estimated Delivery: February 06 - February 27
Just keep changing.
Tesla, not cool!

Important changes from 1 January 2024

The stamp duty exemption will end on 31 December 2023. 

Individuals and businesses that have purchased or placed a deposit on an eligible EV prior to 1 January 2024 will still be eligible to receive the stamp duty exemption, regardless of whether the vehicle has been delivered by that date. This ensures that purchasers who are unable to register their vehicle by 31 December 2023 are not disadvantaged for delays in delivery.

The automatically applied exemption on registration will end on 31 December 2023. Applications for stamp duty refunds for eligible EVs can be lodged until 30 June 2024. Applications lodged between 1 January and 30 June 2024 will require proof of purchase (i.e. a contract to purchase) and deposit payment (where applicable), to indicate that the purchase or deposit payment was made prior to 1 January 2024.
With the change in NSW government policy stamp duty is charged upon purchase and you can apply to receive a refund of the stamp duty if you ordered the car prior to 1 January 2024 and taken delivery before June 30 2024.
This is a government decision to which Tesla is legally required to comply. Speak to your local state member if you wish to change it.

I’m having very low trust level on Tesla Australia right now. I don’t think it reflects Elon Musk’s vision by keeping everyone in dark and bringing in standard (useless) response. There has to be a transparency even though s**t happens! I’m sure many people appreciate if Tesla actually show the efforts put to resolve this delivery issue!
Guys, I know we're all VERY frustrated :mad:, but it does seem to be an industry wide problem.
Hopefully the next load will be on another ship, although the Hyundai guys said they had the same issue with the Grand Aurora.
I wonder what happens if the ship comes back in February with a fresh load of stink bugs? Sorry, I meant cars...

Reactions: Jules22