Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, just quoted you in the text message to Tesla and immediately got a voice call as I missed the call.
They made a mistake and can actually refund me the $400, but are also saying they've now prioritised my delivery and it's very close to getting ready.
I've literally asked before in text, at call centre and when talking to manager and kept getting a no. Now 1 quote from you and it's possible.

Thanks for the info, will decide what to do. Had a bit enough of all the Tesla issues so far:
- M3: charge port replacement
- M3: reverse camera stuttering, no warranty, software issue that can't be fixed
- M3: passenger seat controls broke off, had to wait for 4 weeks to get a repair
- M3: windscreen wipers barely work anymore due to software update
- MY: account issues, had to get my M3 fully reset for being able to have 2 different bank accounts (not as per payment screen)
- MY: initial delivery Dec 23, now Mar 24
I am glad that my post helped you.

My missing model Y which ended up in Melbourne is arriving back in Brisbane via truck on Monday. Spoke to a very helpful guy from Mt Gravatt who was actually able to provide some relevant info after talking to logistics, something nobody else has managed so far. I have a pickup appointment for Tuesday arvo. If everything goes perfect, I will get it then. Novated Lease payment has to go through and car detailing has to be completed on Tuesday. I am hopeful though that I will get it is time to take a road trip to Hervey Bay in the last few days of my last week of leave.

Just got the text!!

Picking up from Mulgrave on 19/2 at 2:30pm!

Had 17-20th to choose from.
Hallelujah! I guess that means we're up to August on the backlog.

It's really frustrating to see people in the Facebook group say they ordered in Jan, same spec as me and just picked up at the same delivery centre. I'm really not happy with Tesla, to the point I now officially regret the purchase. Hopefully I get over these psychological issues and enjoy the car.... eventually.

My VIN has disappeared from the App 🤪.
Is this a sign of trouble or hope?
Mel MC, GC survivor. 26/12 build.
I am really getting paranoid about someone will get a priority and gets reassigned from me.
I dont see it either, but seeing how the EDD keeps disappearing and coming back, I'm leaning towards this being a temporary server issue.
At least I hope so :) Given that my rego letter is complete with Tesla, which has the VIN in it, as well as the finance process from my NL provider, who also need the VIN.

Reactions: VladMY and jq371
Sydney MC here, Tesla told me they forgot to unload my vehicle and they unloaded it at Melbourne, and will truck it back up to Sydney, but now my VIN has completely disappeared, I hope it’s either a server issue or they are reassigning a car already at Sydney to me.

To all Sydney-based MY orders waiting to book their delivery date after Lapis Arrow has brought the cars to PK:
I have been advised by Tesla that they are yet to book a truck to bring to Alexandria / Chatswood as of today. After the truck is booked, they are looking at 2-3 weeks for actual pickup by the truck company, and then a delivery date range is subsequently released for booking expedited delivery.

If your information is different from what I have stated here, please provide your status. Having ordered a car in September '23 (cancelled and re-ordered in Dec '23), it is frustrating to see some more slippages...

I hope all MC Deliveries to Sydney and Brisbane which were all unloaded at Melbourne are making their way up next week, seeing the EDD being a week away, and some person on this thread saying a truck will make its way up on Monday, I am very sure deliveries will be within the next week or so.

Just curious - how many of you have (finally) taken delivery of their M3/MY with a build date of say Jun/023 to Oct/2023 (ie. the cars that were on the ill-fated GC)? I'm only guessing at those build dates but they seem logical (to me anyway given the GC first arrived into Brisbane early October 2023).

My brief background
My original White MYRWD was ordered early Oct 23 and was on the GC with the VIN showing a build date of Sep/23. Due to constant delays with GC I swapped for a Midnight Silver that was in-stock in Melb on the 27 Nov (thanks to another ship that arrived after the GC) and it had a build date of Oct/23 (which is now parked in my garage).

Reactions: jq371
My car was on GC but Tesla assigned a new VIN with a build date of 26/12 when the ship got sent back.
This new car was on the Morning Crystal and I am booked to pick it up on the 19th.

This morning I got insurance sorted, roadside assist (we live in the country so Tesla roadside won't cover some things), completed the finance which will be paid 3 days before delivery and transferred the balance of the deposit to Tesla.

Nothing to do not but sit back and wait.

1707529260187.png

Last edited: