Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Close Mirrors before Entry to Garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our garage is pretty small so I would like for the mirrors to auto fold before entering the garage. Is there a way for us to set it so that the mirrors fold without having to hit the button every time?
I have the same issue and have to hit the button every time on my MS as I pull into the driveway. Funny thing is the first time I pulled into my driveway I spent 15 minutes searching all of the touchscreen menus looking for the "fold the mirrors in" option, I had to pull up the owner's manual before I discovered it was actually one of the very few physical buttons the car has ...

I have an S, but the mirror folding and unfolding situation is annoying. I fold the mirrors before pulling into the garage so I can get over further and leave more room between the cars. I hate that the mirrors auto unfold when I get in the car and I have to refold them before backing out. I'm waiting for the day I forget and crunch the right mirror on the edge of the garage door opening.

But then once I refold the mirrors, if I do it before putting it in reverse, it deploys the mirrors again when I put it in reverse. However, once I pull out of the garage and put it in drive, it doesn't deploy the mirrors. I would think if it's going to deploy the mirrors putting it in reverse, it should also do so when you change into drive.

I'm fine with having this option, as long as it's just an option and not automatic. I actually like having my mirrors extended most of the time, as it help me line up the car while backing into the garage.
Totally agree with you on this. If I see more than 2-3 inches between L or R mirror and garage frame I know I'm off center and redo it.
Hey, for very first time in 2 months of ownership my car offered reverse autoparking into my 1 car side of 3 car garage. I've autoparkd elsewhere but never had this option for garage walls. I tried and car quickly goofed without hitting frame of garage. I got frustrated with the flail and bailed the trial, but here's to advancing technology

Not sure GEO location auto-folder of mirrors will be the solution for me. I like to folder the mirror before entering into the garage. But on the way out, I like to use the mirrors when backing out the garage to make sure the car aligned correctly, and then I push the folder mirror button half way out of the garage, so it's easier for the clearance.

At least for the MX, my mirrors automatically unfold when I start driving over certain speed (10-15 MPH), so need to manually push the push to unfold after I am out.

Not sure GEO location auto-folder of mirrors will be the solution for me. I like to folder the mirror before entering into the garage. But on the way out, I like to use the mirrors when backing out the garage to make sure the car aligned correctly, and then I push the folder mirror button half way out of the garage, so it's easier for the clearance.

At least for the MX, my mirrors automatically unfold when I start driving over certain speed (10-15 MPH), so need to manually push the push to unfold after I am out.

As far as I can tell, they never unfold after I put it in drive. I've gotten up to 30 mph with the mirrors still folded.