TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Auto park not functioning

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jvnoledawg, Mar 22, 2017.

1. jvnoledawg

jvnoledawg Member

For several months now, in fact since the major interface upgrade last fall I believe, the auto park feature has not worked. I have it activated, but the functionality does not engage. I am in the same parking lot in the same environment, i.e. car on either side and curb. Nothing.

This is a model S60 purchased in July.

Has anyone else had the system just stop functioning like this?

• Like x 1
  2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

there are a few threads discussing this issue, the short answer is that while the system works for some overall it is a bust, not ready for prime time. the car rarely can find an appropriate spot and if it does it operates extremely slowly executing the park.

IMHO this is just a parlor trick that rarely is a valuable option.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Auto Park was another "missed" promise of AP1.

4. scottm

scottm Active Member

autopark.... heh... ** snicker **

whatev's

Tesla could free up valuable computer resources (memory) by letting that one go

5. jvnoledawg

jvnoledawg Member

thank you; I couldn't find a recent thread on this topic
    anyway, what surprises me is how it just sort of stopped one day and hasn't come back since; and yes, I agree, I can park myself MUCH faster than the system does; I'm just curious as to why it stopped functioning at all

6. Kurt'sX

Kurt'sX Member

Lost it here also.....Ive made an appointment at the SC and its one of my "Please Fix" items. Dont know if I will use it, but I find parallel parking my X is a bit harder for some reason.....just dont get a good view out the back and I struggle with the blind spot.

7. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

I had a beer bet with my buddy that I could make auto park with in my AP2 S90D (sw version 17.9.3). So how did it go? Pretty sad.....

First we had to drive around forever until we found an empty spot in-between two parked cars (thats the only condition that will trigger the "P" in current AP2 software).

Then when we finally found one it was an abnormally large spot. Figured this was good luck to make it "easier" on the car and made me less nervous about touching the other cars.

hahaha it DID auto park, DID get appropriately close to the curb without touching. However it totally failed by (a) parking over the front line and (b) not being centered in the huge parking space.

We called the beer bet a draw and each bought our own.....

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  8. croman

croman Active Member

I've never been offered autopark with hw2. Nothing ever seems right with the spots. So picky.

9. Babaron

Babaron Member

Although I never could get it to work for many months after getting my Dec. 2014 MS, it suddenly started working a few months ago and I can't stop using it now. It works perfectly for me.

10. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

Yes, I cannot imagine using auto park for anything beyond a trick. The huge, fish eye, rear camera with excellent lines (along with the other sensors) make parallel parking a cinch.