Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park not functioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For several months now, in fact since the major interface upgrade last fall I believe, the auto park feature has not worked. I have it activated, but the functionality does not engage. I am in the same parking lot in the same environment, i.e. car on either side and curb. Nothing.

This is a model S60 purchased in July.

Has anyone else had the system just stop functioning like this?

Reactions: Reeler
there are a few threads discussing this issue, the short answer is that while the system works for some overall it is a bust, not ready for prime time. the car rarely can find an appropriate spot and if it does it operates extremely slowly executing the park.

IMHO this is just a parlor trick that rarely is a valuable option.

thank you; I couldn't find a recent thread on this topic
anyway, what surprises me is how it just sort of stopped one day and hasn't come back since; and yes, I agree, I can park myself MUCH faster than the system does; I'm just curious as to why it stopped functioning at all

Lost it here also.....Ive made an appointment at the SC and its one of my "Please Fix" items. Dont know if I will use it, but I find parallel parking my X is a bit harder for some reason.....just dont get a good view out the back and I struggle with the blind spot.

I had a beer bet with my buddy that I could make auto park with in my AP2 S90D (sw version 17.9.3). So how did it go? Pretty sad.....

First we had to drive around forever until we found an empty spot in-between two parked cars (thats the only condition that will trigger the "P" in current AP2 software).

Then when we finally found one it was an abnormally large spot. Figured this was good luck to make it "easier" on the car and made me less nervous about touching the other cars.

hahaha it DID auto park, DID get appropriately close to the curb without touching. However it totally failed by (a) parking over the front line and (b) not being centered in the huge parking space.

We called the beer bet a draw and each bought our own.....

Attachments

• IMG_9487.JPG
    IMG_9487.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Informative
Reactions: selfbp and croman