TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Auto volume adjustment with speed

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by BillBot, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BillBot

BillBot Member

My old car had a function that increased the volume automatically as the car speed increased which was very handy. I'm assuming there is no such function on the M3. I cannot find it if there is.

I would have thought it was pretty easy to put in with just a software change (if you are listening Elon)

2. vitesse

vitesse Active Member

I've only noticed the volume suppressed when opening the door in our Model S. Maybe cars with the enhanced audio option have speed-sensitive volume?

3. ChrisA70

ChrisA70 Member

Seems a surprising omission.

4. vitesse

vitesse Active Member

Tesla probably thinks their cars are so quiet that this feature isn't required :D

• Funny x 2
  5. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I miss it too. It’s been a standard feature on my last few cars, even in a Skoda we had in 1998!

You’d think it would be an easy add using a software update. In my scheme of things it’s much more useful than fart boxes and arcade games...

While we’re updating audio, can I have a few more equaliser channels please :)

6. pdk42

pdk42 Member

On VAG cars, it's called GALA (Graduated Audio Level Adjustment) and it's been around since about 1995!

• Like x 1
  7. vitesse

vitesse Active Member

Yes - I remember my V-reg (1999) Seat Toledo V5 had it.