Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving a 2015 Model S (AP1 I think) while my Model 3 was getting some work done. I noticed that it had a two-stop sensitivity setting on the stalk.

Since the M3 is completely digital, it wouldn't seem like a terribly complex thing to add a multi-step sensitivity setting for those of us that are ok with some buildup before activating and those like my wife who goes nuts if there is virtually any moisture on the windshield (thank God for separate temp settings =). I think I'll add that as a 'note' or 'bug report' when I get mine back.

One thing I noticed about the auto wiper mode on the M3. Wipers do not detect rain at night when there is no other lights or cars on the road. As soon as I drive by a street light or an opposing car's headlights, it "sees" the rain on the windshield and turns on. Anyone else noticed this?

I have been driving a 2015 Model S (AP1 I think) while my Model 3 was getting some work done. I noticed that it had a two-stop sensitivity setting on the stalk.

Since the M3 is completely digital, it wouldn't seem like a terribly complex thing to add a multi-step sensitivity setting for those of us that are ok with some buildup before activating and those like my wife who goes nuts if there is virtually any moisture on the windshield (thank God for separate temp settings =). I think I'll add that as a 'note' or 'bug report' when I get mine back.

Given there's no real rain sensor I'm not sure there's enough ability to tell "light" from "heavy" moisture to offer such a setting.