Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't have 5 minutes to hand-wash your car? Your time must be really valuable ;)

5 minutes? That's not possible for me. When I get into hand washing my car, it's like opening Pandora's box. I keep going further and further into the details, and I'll end up blowing 3 hours. I use a touchless wash on my S every a couple of times per week, and then handwash it well, once a month.

No, I'm talking hand wand-wash. The ones where you hold the pressure washer and choose between soap/rinse/wax/brush. Do those not exist in Ontario? It takes maybe 10 minutes and $10 tops to get a good clean. An automatic one takes like 5 minutes (if there's no lineup) and does a poor job anyway.

No, I'm talking hand wand-wash. The ones where you hold the pressure washer and choose between soap/rinse/wax/brush. Do those not exist in Ontario? It takes maybe 10 minutes and $10 tops to get a good clean. An automatic one takes like 5 minutes (if there's no lineup) and does a poor job anyway.

Oh that I could do! They’re safe? I’m just worried the water pressure is too high for the paint.
Hand washing I’ll become neurotic and end up screwing around for ages.

I've been through touchless a couple of times. I only use the ones where you propel yourself and I always get the basic wash without the horrid spray-on-wax/Rain-X crap that never comes off the windscreen. No issues at all - not like the brand-new Hyundai Santa Fe I had a few years back where it started raining from the sunroof!

5 minutes? That's not possible for me. When I get into hand washing my car, it's like opening Pandora's box. I keep going further and further into the details, and I'll end up blowing 3 hours. I use a touchless wash on my S every a couple of times per week, and then handwash it well, once a month.

Yeah handwash isn't five minutes for me either! I'll do it every few weeks and as the seasons change but it's definitely more like 2-3 hours and that's rarely time I have to spare. Usually I just zip through the carwash once a week or so to remove most of the muck.

The new challenge is the hassle of buying a carwash without buying gas - where I am it costs more AND I have to leave my lovely Model 3 and walk in! :)

We have those of course. I actually find that the automatic ones do a better job, as long as you go fairly frequently.