Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla FSD is safer than humans. Elon is so confident that Tesla Insurance will hold users harmless if using FSD.

@EVNow "FSD + Human has better accident rate than just human"
Im sorry but that is not FSD it is automated driver assistance. Or a computer with human assistance, but is certainly is NOT FSD!

So the safest Teslas on the road are ones were owners contributed to Tesla FSD kickstarter program and have agreed to be free Beta Testers and train the model?

How does Vision only make eye contact at intersections and in parking lots and interprets gestures. I bet Tesla has a lot of Big Data on "people giving it the bird"

1+1 = 2

I know you Tesla fans love to say one thing in a vacuum and then say another thing in another vacuum.
But the real world doesn't work like that.

You wrote the below obvious lie. I'll give you one more chance to apologize. Just cobbling different sentences from different posts doesn't "prove" anything.

I was not even involved in whatever discussion you were having when you called me out. Show me where I've said "Tesla is safer than Waymo/Cruise".

I've positive proof that you are wrong and infact called out people both on this forum and on Twitter who incorrectly compared Cruise and Tesla numbers. So apologize if you have even a shred of decency.

1686063382533.png

Don't be pedantic. We all know what "FSD" means.

I did have to look up pedantic, because I didn't know what that meant either.
"Annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter"

Yes after four years I feel FSD is Not FSD or even close.

What does FSD mean?

Is it what I was Sold?
Is it what Elon said it would become?
Is it just cruise control?

what it doesn't do is make my life easier, safer, or less stressful. It also does not make it easier or less stressful for the other cars on the road.

When will I not have to take 100% responsibility for Tesla's Hardware, Software, manufacturing and testing?
When can I quit the R&D department and become an "owner" of the Product I purchased?
When can I make a FSD warranty claim, based on "what FSD means"?

STOP. No one compares FSD vs Non FSD.
That person just did, I even pointed out the post! And it is that post I am discussing and the two people were arguing about. You went off on another tangent making a different comparison and arguing a different point.

As others pointed out you later try to tie two different posts to shoehorn it into your argument (making it a comparison between Tesla and Waymo/Cruise), but the person never made that claim. They were only talking about FSD+Human vs Human, which the Tesla vs Tesla comparison is sufficient to show.

This avoids all the noise about the differences between police reports vs Tesla data gathering.

Reactions: EVNow

Interesting !
Great article. I knew of Cruise's issues, but it was interesting to read about Waymo's problems too. I always took Waymo to be far ahead in the AV space with near flawless drives.

One boon for Tesla FSD Beta - being L2, there is always a driver to take over if it does something odd.

I'm sure that Tesla would love to, but the county doesn't allow any driver's assist functions. Not even AEB. They are required to be 100% manually driven.
1. I'm pretty sure that the tunnel system is private road, and you can do whatever you like.
2. I believe MB Drive Pilot (the autonomous L3 system) is legal in Nevada.
3. Ingress/Egress is a hard problem in itself and so in autonomous operation in general, and Tesla isn't there yet. Perhaps some day.
4. How is Motional (and others) testing in Las Vegas on public roads is it's illegal?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
1. I'm pretty sure that the tunnel system is private road, and you can do whatever you like.
I'm not sure it is considered private. It is on public land, and governed by their contract with the county.

You can lookup their recent, submitted 4/8/23, permit, BD19-30585-R061, application requesting permissions to enable some ADAS systems:

1686089705532.png

4. How is Motional (and others) testing in Las Vegas on public roads is it's illegal?
I never said it was illegal, I said the county doesn't allow them to use an ADAS features. (The contract/permit the Boring Company has with the county doesn't allow it.)

Last edited:
I never said it was illegal, I said the contract/permit the Boring Company has with the county doesn't allow it. (Because it doesn't.)
LOL, that's golden, but likely incorrect.

This was 2022:
Tesla's self-driving rollout strategy for Boring Co's Las Vegas Loop gets teased

Elon Musk has mentioned recently that the Las Vegas Loop’s Tesla fleet may use FSD later this year. In this light, Hill noted that one vehicle at a time would be switched to use Tesla’s full self-driving system. And even at this point, they will still be using safety drivers until it can be proven that the vehicles can operate safely and adequately on their own. Only at this point will the drivers be removed.

“I don’t think we’ll be fully autonomous by the end of this calendar year, but we think we’re in a position to start testing autonomy relatively soon,” the LVCVA president said.

That guy got royally Musked. If it happens before 2026 I'll be very surprised.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike