Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"they believe Tesla releases way more safety data than Waymo."

If you have no arguments beyond strawmen maybe stop making them?

You "believed" Tesla was redacting if the car was using ADAS, and that was outright debunked, but you're still mad about....something....

Dude do you ever get tired of making false claims about people making false claims. You literally do it all the time.

I directly quoted you claiming Tesla says the cars are autonomous.

Then showed you a screen shot of them saying exactly the opposite of that.

Where, specifically, did you get lost?

Elon Musk, which is exactly who i'm referring to

Weird- you said Tesla. Half a dozen times. In fact the word Elon does not appear at all in the post I replied to.

Sounds like yet again moving goalposts when you're caught posting factually untrue things.

I haven't met any lay person in the general public who didn't believe that Tesla's weren't fully autonomous and didn't require a human driver. Why?

Because you apparently hang around with a lot of very ignorant people.

Which admittedly explains a LOT about your posts.

Again it says RIGHT ON THE PAGE YOU BUY IT that it's not autonomous.

And tells you again the first time you activate it.

And every single further time you activate it.

"If Nvidia gives Xpeng a scaled-down Thor chip, then other carmakers may also set their computing power requirements in that range, leaving the Thor chip with 2,000 Tops of power that the US chipmaker has spent a lot of money developing potentially idle, the report said."

Xpeng rumored to be in talks with Nvidia for customized autonomous driving chip

"Xpeng sees Nvidia's Drive Thor's 2,000 Tops of computing power as too much and has made a request for a customized Thor chip with 750 Tops of power, according to local media."

"If Nvidia gives Xpeng a scaled-down Thor chip, then other carmakers may also set their computing power requirements in that range, leaving the Thor chip with 2,000 Tops of power that the US chipmaker has spent a lot of money developing potentially idle, the report said."

Xpeng rumored to be in talks with Nvidia for customized autonomous driving chip

"Xpeng sees Nvidia's Drive Thor's 2,000 Tops of computing power as too much and has made a request for a customized Thor chip with 750 Tops of power, according to local media."

Nvidia does not just create one chip, they create and customize many different chips for different power brackets, price and customer needs. It is not out of the ordinary that Xpeng would want a custom chip for their needs.

Reactions: diplomat33

Polestar 4 with Chauffeur - running on 3 x EyeQ6H - is expected to be a global platform that will launch first in China and eventually in other places around the world. The initial launch phase is expected to be with Eyes-on/Hands-off available on all road types and powered by our global coverage of the world’s roads and infrastructure through REM, our unique mapping technology purpose-built for vehicle automation. The eyes-off activation on highways with on/off ramps in a navigate-on-pilot mode will be enabled through an over-the-air update following a validation period to build trust with consumers and regulators, which we aim to compress to less than six months following deployment.

Last edited:
For those that reside around the Nation's Capitol, I spotted a Cruise AV travelling around the inner-loop of the Beltway between Annandale and Falls Church this afternoon. It said "Chia" on the hood, which I assume is a unique name for the vehicle.

I tried to grab a photo, but once I passed it I literally could not safely slow down enough to catch back up with it. Speed limit is 55, and it must have been traveling 45 or slower. Unclear if it was being driven by the safety driver or not, but it's my understanding that Virginia does not have any explicit regulations regarding AV registration or data collection.

Well that explains that. DC is somewhat unique for a city because it has a relatively small urban footprint with sprawling suburbs that are only really accessible via highways. So it's hard to get anywhere without using the Beltway.

Doesn't explain why they were traveling so slowly, though. Unless the slower they travel, the higher resolution scans they're able to make. Or if they're testing local proclivity to road rage. No better way to induce that than traveling below the speed limit on the Beltway.

"Xpeng and robotaxi developer DiDi have formed a strategic partnership in China to accelerate the adoption of $20,000 mass market smart EV self driving cars.

The $750m deal will see Xpeng acquire assets related to DiDi’s Smart EV project to launch an all-new EV brand in 2024, currently being developed under a project codename MONA.

Mona will target the mass market segment at RMB150,000 ($20,000) to accelerate the adoption of Smart EV technologies. Xpeng will become the first automotive manufacturing company with comprehensive support from the Didi ecosystem with strategic cooperation in robotaxis, charging and international market expansion, as well as marketing, financing and insurance.

An A-class Smart EV model based on the Didi technology will be launched in 2024 as the first product of a new brand."