Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 Updates Pending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never mind about my comment above. I found some images of the Model X dual housing and the legacy Model S housing. What I have appears to be the legacy housing.
To clarify: what do you mean by "legacy Model S housing"? Do you mean the rear view mirror mount housing that contains the windshield moisture sensor and the single forward looking AP camera? Still would be helpful to see post a photo.

These reports about some aspects of AP 2.0 hardware being installed on cars in production this month so far appear to be just rumors.

Just thought I'd chime in and say that my P90D that I took delivery of a few days ago has the regular looking housing, but that there is an extra black extension covering the windshield. It definitely looks different from that recent posted pic of the 2015.

Just thought I'd chime in and say that my P90D that I took delivery of a few days ago has the regular looking housing, but that there is an extra black extension covering the windshield. It definitely looks different from that recent posted pic of the 2015.

The extra black extension is probably the fasttrak area that's in the refresh S.

I'm starting to think the eletrek article is incorrect. We should have seen some in the wild by now if the housings were already on the factory line when the article was published, but I hope I'm wrong.

The extra black extension is probably the fasttrak area that's in the refresh S.

I'm starting to think the eletrek article is incorrect. We should have seen some in the wild by now if the housings were already on the factory line when the article was published, but I hope I'm wrong.

What is the fastrak area? And what does it do? And why does it have to look different than older Model S's? You are right that I have a refresh S front bumper.