Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot cameras unavailable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boes- interesting. Mine also crapped out about the same time. I think it was 10/5. I was on .36 at the time. Updated to .40 on 10/7. But if it were truly software related, why wouldn't everyone be losing their cams?

After nearly six weeks of not even hinting at working, mine mysteriously began working about two hours ago.

Repeater Camera's Unavailable?

Now if you look close at the formerly broken camera (left) - it is potentially missing some contrast so it could have just randomly and temporarily started working but as per that post, it has never worked for even 1 second before two hours ago.

My appointment also got canceled because they hadn't yet received the parts. They told me they'd bring me in without an appointment once they get the parts. Lo and behold, text came today that the parts are in and now they're saying they may just send the mobile service guys to fix.

Scooter 62- how long did it take them to replace the camera?

Boes- interesting. Mine also crapped out about the same time. I think it was 10/5. I was on .36 at the time. Updated to .40 on 10/7. But if it were truly software related, why wouldn't everyone be losing their cams?

The invoice didn’t say how long it took because I wasn’t charged anything. Sorry.

My appointment also got canceled because they hadn't yet received the parts. They told me they'd bring me in without an appointment once they get the parts. Lo and behold, text came today that the parts are in and now they're saying they may just send the mobile service guys to fix.

Scooter 62- how long did it take them to replace the camera?

Because it is a combination of Tesla, an eclectic mix of software and hardware and they are understaffed.

They can get the most complicated things right and the simplest things wrong.
Suddenly I started getting parts of their communication in French instead of Dutch, and other parts in dutch.
Nobody has been ably to fix that for over a year.

Getting an invoice on my company name and vat number is the same disaster.
"My Tesla" finally remembers the VAT number, but it refuses to remember my company name.
In this day and age, that makes no sense to me.

Head light settings are the same story. If I had to go to the SC every time they're suddenly off, I would probably be there after every software update and a few times in between.

They probably know there is an issue with the camera feeds, but simply don't have the resources to address it.
When you have a service visit, they usually reload all the firmware so everything gets initialized correctly again.
But there's no way for you as owner to do that.

But I still love the car! :D

There are quite a few threads on this issue. Seems to be a batch of bad repeaters. I got a used one from eBay and swapped it out in about 10 minutes. Power down, recalibrate and AP is once again working. Parts are backordered. I would get an email from Telsa twice a week saying they still don't have the camera. Then they stopped sending the emails...

There are quite a few threads on this issue. Seems to be a batch of bad repeaters.

I think there is more going on that just bad repeaters. Mine's been dead for 6 weeks with every sensible clue that it's the camera. Even Tesla said it was the camera when I took it in on 10/6/20 (though they didn't really do any investigation other than rebooting the car)... then the very day I start complaining loudly through support channels, my repeater, out of the blue, suddenly starts working as if it was never broken.

The camera for mine is still on backorder also with a tentative mobile appt, I'm now a little hesitant to let them change it when it does come in as I'm not convinced they know any more about the issue than I do, and I don't want them to break it again.

Last edited:
There are quite a few threads on this issue. Seems to be a batch of bad repeaters. I got a used one from eBay and swapped it out in about 10 minutes. Power down, recalibrate and AP is once again working. Parts are backordered. I would get an email from Telsa twice a week saying they still don't have the camera. Then they stopped sending the emails...

Which model # did you buy? There are two, mine is 1495864-01-A but the majority of the Ebay offerings are 1125106-77-C. They look the same but curious if you purchased the latter I might try it. Mine suddenly worked for three days and just stopped working again.

The parts appear to be interchangeable. In fact, when Tesla emailed confirmation of the repair part order (below), it showed that both versions were ordered, presumably so that the first available would ship. I ordered the 77-C model off of eBay, which I believe is the older version. My broken one (from a 2020 car built in September) was the 01-A version and other than the part number markings, they were identical.
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 6.49.43 AM.png

Seems to be a batch of bad repeaters. I got a used one from eBay and swapped it out in about 10 minutes. Power down, recalibrate and AP is once again working. Parts are backordered. I would get an email from Telsa twice a week saying they still don't have the camera. Then they stopped sending the emails...

They changed their mind on mobile service and had me drop off the car yesterday. Should be getting it back today. These are the parts they ordered, that came in last Friday:

Parts Outstanding
  1. M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH)
    Part #: 1495865-01-A
    Order Date: October 15, 2020
    Ship Date: Pending
  2. CABLE,FRUNK,SIDE REPEATERS TO AP ECU
    Part #: 1099703-00-E
    Ship Date: October 20, 2020
    Scheduled Delivery: October 22, 202
I'm just hoping it doesn't crap out again. The camera went out originally about a month ago, but only for a day. It worked again for maybe 2 weeks before it went out for good. I've had no other problems with the car.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
mera went out originally about a month ago, but only for a day. It worked again for maybe 2 weeks before it went out for good. I've had no other problems with the car.

Similar here, not even a glimpse of working since delivery day on 9/13, then this past Friday out of the blue it started working as if it was never broken... Until yesterday morning where it's back to not working at all. That actually makes me nervous as to whether it truly is the camera, I suppose so but it just seems a bit weird. I was totally stoked and enjoying fully functional FSD for the 72 hours it worked.

Something I noticed on my notifications like yours above is that the "order date" changes every time the appt gets pushed back with a ship date of pending. Maybe that's just an automatic glitch but at this point I don't know what to think other than I paid a whole lot of money for a car + 8K FSD and for six weeks now I still don't have a fully functional vehicle - there is really no one I can talk to who can help and I'm just sort of in the cold with a new car and no real service dept. in comparison.

The me of the past would have not purchased had I known a 50.00 part would take weeks/months to fix under warranty which isn't that different from not having a warranty at all. Not once in my life have I purchased 60k worth of new car then have to go searching Ebay at my own expense to fix a warranty issue. :(

Last edited:
Similar here, not even a glimpse of working since delivery day on 9/13, then this past Friday out of the blue it started working as if it was never broken... Until yesterday morning where it's back to not working at all. That actually makes me nervous as to whether it truly is the camera, I suppose so but it just seems a bit weird.

Mine went out and never came back on. Replaced 3 weeks ago and no issues since.

I had the exact same thing happen to me; they cancelled my mobile service to repair the camera, changed to in person. Just checked the invoice and have the exact same replacement parts on order. I drop the car off tomorrow, hopefully doesn’t take too long!

They changed their mind on mobile service and had me drop off the car yesterday. Should be getting it back today. These are the parts they ordered, that came in last Friday:

Parts Outstanding
  1. M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH)
    Part #: 1495865-01-A
    Order Date: October 15, 2020
    Ship Date: Pending
  2. CABLE,FRUNK,SIDE REPEATERS TO AP ECU
    Part #: 1099703-00-E
    Ship Date: October 20, 2020
    Scheduled Delivery: October 22, 202
I'm just hoping it doesn't crap out again. The camera went out originally about a month ago, but only for a day. It worked again for maybe 2 weeks before it went out for good. I've had no other problems with the car.

I had this repeater issue on the driver's side as well. I took delivery of 2020 LR AWD Model 3 on 10/14. After driving 200 mi with AP not calibrating, I put in a Mobile Service order. Camera was ordered, arrived last week in the shop, and the tech installed it today in 15 minutes. Easy.

When I left the office to go to lunch I decided to turn on the blinker... just to see. Turns out the indicator light is PINK. seriously. Passenger side is amber, as expected. Texted the Tech and he said "Really? I've never seen that before. Can I come back by in 15 minutes?" Absolutely, come see it.

He acknowledged that something is off with the LED and is now ordering a new assembly.

Good news is that the camera worked immediately with no AP calibration errors. Now I need to have another mobile service in 2 weeks to replace the pink light...

I had this problem from new. I thought it was just taking time for the cameras to calibrate but eventually I made a service appointment. The guy came to my house and he explained that they had a bad batch of cameras and he was doing a lot of these just now. It took about 15 mins to fix and worked immediately.