Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually just going to unsubscribe from this thread since I'm done with this issue. Tesla has definitely lost a customer and supporter over this and other issues they fail to seem to give a crap about. I'm tired of feeling like I'm in the 1% of P85D buyers who actually want what they paid for while everyone else appears to want to defend Tesla to death for their misrepresentations on multiple fronts. I've wasted more than enough time here on these issues, and I'm just done.

People accusing me of "threatening" Tesla, along with many other derogatory comments over the past few months doesn't really give me incentive to stick around either.

Edit: On second thought I think I'm going to put "127.0.0.1 www.teslamotorsclub.com" in my hosts file to prevent more time waste for a while.

I had to Google to see what that would do, though I had a pretty good idea from the context.

On the chance that you haven't yet blocked your own access to TMC (or that you unblock it at some point) I'd like to say that I, for one, would certainly miss your contributions here. I also know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I do know, to some extent, how you feel with respect to being in the minority. I think the 1%, though is probably bigger than that though it doesn't always seem that way from reading posts here. One of the reasons for that is that a lot of the people that feel at least somewhat similarly to the way we feel about things (not that we feel exactly the same way about all these topics, but you and I are certainly closer at one end of the spectrum than a lot of people at the other end) are probably remaining quiet because there just isn't a lot of upside in speaking out. When we do speak out we are often attacked, and have to defend our positions. I think there are probably plenty of people who generally agree with us, but who don't feel the need to post.

In any case, I hope you'll stick around, but if not, I know how to get in touch with you! :)

I'm actually just going to unsubscribe from this thread since I'm done with this issue. Tesla has definitely lost a customer and supporter over this and other issues they fail to seem to give a crap about. I'm tired of feeling like I'm in the 1% of P85D buyers who actually want what they paid for while everyone else appears to want to defend Tesla to death for their misrepresentations on multiple fronts. I've wasted more than enough time here on these issues, and I'm just done.

People accusing me of "threatening" Tesla, along with many other derogatory comments over the past few months doesn't really give me incentive to stick around either.

Edit: On second thought I think I'm going to put "127.0.0.1 www.teslamotorsclub.com" in my hosts file to prevent more time waste for a while.

Please don't go, I'm having fun reading this thread. extreme position make things change. Sorry about calling this "Extreme" but don't forget we all bought a computer on wheels, we will have updates an new features for years . For now, just enjoy driving your car when it's still possible :) . I have a lot of reasons to hate Tesla, but not this one.

That's not what I read. His last post states:

I was referring to this
I was willing to accept this position, up until Tesla just went radio silent on the entire issue on all contacts I've had with them. If they came out and said basically what you and others have said, that they intended to have the product out sooner but ran into issues that delayed it, and apologized to their paying customers for said delays, that would be a completely different story. Completely ignoring people and trying to sweep this under the rug, while STILL advertising it as an existing feature, is not really helping matters.

I'm honestly starting to think there's been some kind of internal memo that literally says to ignore anyone who asks about autopilot delays, the 691 HP issue, etc, or you're fired, because some people that I have spoken to in the past who have been extremely helpful in other instances have also started ignoring me since touching on these subjects.

Honestly, at this point it reeks of intentional misleading.

I think it's insane that people happily gave their money to a company for something that didn't (and still does not) exist. I stopped buying "vapourware" years ago and have no plans to start now with a new car. IMO, this kind of practice should be illegal unless the company specifically gets you to agree to fund their on-going R&D for that specific feature with your purchase.

Tesla has been innovative and brought the electric car to the mainstream but they need to stop with the whole over-promising, under-delivering thing. The mere fact that something called "Tesla-time" exists is something that I find scary as a potential future customer.

I was banned for a while recently and it was a refreshing break. Sometimes I waste too much time on this forum. Enjoy your time off - hope we have autopilot when you come back!

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's insane that people happily gave their money to a company for something that didn't (and still does not) exist. I stopped buying "vapourware" years ago and have no plans to start now with a new car. IMO, this kind of practice should be illegal unless the company specifically gets you to agree to fund their on-going R&D for that specific feature with your purchase.

Tesla has been innovative and brought the electric car to the mainstream but they need to stop with the whole over-promising, under-delivering thing. The mere fact that something called "Tesla-time" exists is something that I find scary as a potential future customer.

I can honestly say that I bought without even thinking it possible Tesla would renege on the self-steering promise. To me there's a big difference between a car maker advertising a feature on their website, then not delivering it, and say maybe a mouse-trap that doesn't really do a better job than a block/spring/cheese trap. If Tesla doesn't come through soon its a big deal, not an insignificant point, and they'll pay a price for it in customer goodwill (already are as the OP shows).

I think you're probably way ahead of the curve (meant as a compliment) if you looked at the auto-pilot verbiage on Tesla's website and thought "yeah, right, when pigs fly". I think most people said "wow, that's cool, I want that". That's sure what I did.

Cry me a river. Better yet, don't buy one. Mine doesn't have autopilot and it's been the best purchase of my lifetime. I look forward to driving it every day.

I also bought mine just before autopilot was added. My car's value has dropped like a rock. Yet you're the one complaining?

Ha!

Cry me a river. Better yet, don't buy one. Mine doesn't have autopilot and it's been the best purchase of my lifetime. I look forward to driving it every day.

I also bought mine just before autopilot was added. My car's value has dropped like a rock. Yet you're the one complaining?

Ha!

You've got it worse, so he doesn't have it bad?

His concerns are reasonable and legitimate. I'm concerned as well, though not enough to stop me from buying at this point, but Tesla's customer service trend is not as universally positive as I would like.

Like NeedWatts, I'm waiting until the features I care about are actually available before I plunk down my cash.

Given we pretty much know it's in beta already, I'm not sure what people are expecting Tesla to say. They can't promise an exact time, because as they mentioned before, it all depends on how the beta goes. If everything goes well, it'll be publicly released 1-2 months from Beta (which was around August 15), so ~ September 15 to October 15. If it doesn't, it'll take longer.

His concerns are reasonable and legitimate. I'm concerned as well, though not enough to stop me from buying at this point, but Tesla's customer service trend is not as universally positive as I would like.

Nice try but I don't have it worse. Go back and read my posts after autopilot was announced shortly after I took delivery. I never complained once. I got exactly what I ordered which is the best vehicle I have ever owned by far. It has greatly exceeded my expectations. "Worse" doesn't even come to mind. I love everything about my Tesla, including the customer service.

Life's too short to complain and sweat the small stuff, but I know some people thrive on conflict. So be it.

Like NeedWatts, I'm waiting until the features I care about are actually available before I plunk down my cash.
Um, actually yeah - Canuck could perceive it as way worse than either of you, because he has one, you don't. He spent the money and is in love, you haven't and are complaining.

Regardless of how people think, Tesla IS still a grand experiment and we are the early adopters. It is the wild west. If you want stable, established, reliably boring and unchanging, buy a Ford.
If you want an awesome ride that turns heads while it snaps you back into your seat, then buy it for that. Other features will arrive as they do.

That isn't what's stopping me from buying it. A couple of missing SCs would make the route we take regularly very inconvenient so, we decided to defer until the locations we need are open. They were "guaranteed" by the end of the year but we aren't really expecting them to actually deliver on that front either.

I am only saying I wouldn't pay for the "feature" if it wasn't available at the time of delivery.

It seems this place can be quite hostile towards people who disagree with the "hive". :)

you got what you ordered so you're not complaining. the ones complaining are the ones that did not get what they ordered. understand how that works?

I see. So what you're saying is that they will never get autopilot like me. I got it!

Now I understand how that works. Thanks for educating me.

And if you think people didn't complain when they got their cars just before autopilot was announced because they got what they ordered, you sure haven't been around here long.

It seems this place can be quite hostile towards people who disagree with the "hive". :)
Vaguely insulting to everyone here that disagrees with the OP.

Negativity about something that people either haven't purchased or are pissed because they had expectations that are unfulfilled does not make the points more salient or valid. Being positive and realistic about what actually is simply makes us more realistic.