Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot rolling out to all AP2 HW cars today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having all the same issues as highlighted in the thread. Occasionally receive the warning that the functions are unavailable but that ussally disappears after a few mins. My biggest concerns have been as follows (especially concerned with AP1):

1. The image of cars infront of you on the dash is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes cars are there, sometimes not, sometimes they disappear. I never had this issue with AP1 and it makes me extremely nervous to use TACC or autosteer.

2. The "road lines" on the dash are constantly moving or shaking

3. False warnings from auto collision

4. Not sure how data is being collected on <45mph when so many people cant engage it.

Curious if this is everyones experience or limited to my vehicle.

Having all the same issues as highlighted in the thread. Occasionally receive the warning that the functions are unavailable but that ussally disappears after a few mins. My biggest concerns have been as follows (especially concerned with AP1):

1. The image of cars infront of you on the dash is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes cars are there, sometimes not, sometimes they disappear. I never had this issue with AP1 and it makes me extremely nervous to use TACC or autosteer.

4. Not sure how data is being collected on <45mph when so many people cant engage it.

I don't experience any of these symptoms. What I specifically was looking for was the disappearing lines. What's odd for me is I noticed several people complaining about disappearing cars or extreme breaking when a car changes lanes in front of them while TACC is active. I haven't seen any of these --- When cars get in front of me moving at a pace where brakes are unnecessary things are smooth. If a car cuts over too close, brakes are applied as needed.

My "red" vehicle emergency notice has gone off twice, both when I hit the accelerator to surpass the 45MPH threshold; overpasses have been fine. Rainy days have also been fine thus far.

1 and 2 are consistent with my experience as well. The cars move all over the place and sometimes disappear even when they're directly in front of me at a stoplight. Last night TACC would likely have run into the back of a car in a lane that was merging with mine in stop-and-go traffic. Right now it doesn't seem to see any car in a lane next to it or even slightly in its own lane.

Nothing that scared me too much as I'm being diligent with it but it feels like it has a way to go.

All this is in keeping with my experience in first 200 km using 17.3.2.

I am sure it will get better quickly, but is is definitely worse than the first release of AP1 (wife's car).

All this is in keeping with my experience in first 200 km using 17.3.2.

I am sure it will get better quickly, but is is definitely worse than the first release of AP1 (wife's car).

I experience #1 and #2, the car images are not solid and reliable, and the road lines all over and jittery.

I have used it in stop/go traffic on a freeway. up to 45 mph. Seems it likes to move to the right too much and the correction of the steering is not smooth and it is always moving the wheel around.

I have had a few instances with TACC that it has "hesitated" like it was going to stop but only for a second when I went under a couple of road signs with high shadows from the sun, and an overpass but I have not experienced any false emergency braking or collision alerts, it was enough to make me worry and be more cautious using TACC.

From what I have experienced, TACC is ok, but is not as solid as my previous AP1 car, and AutoPilot has a long way to go.

From what I have experienced, TACC is ok, but is not as solid as my previous AP1 car, and AutoPilot has a long way to go.

I just took a 550 mile road trip and used TACC as much as possible. Several times I would be crossing an overpass with a slight change in elevation and the car would brake slightly. One time going over an overpass, the car slammed on the brakes and the collision warning came on. Luckily there was not a car close to me or I would have gotten rear ended.