Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot team changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
even if 1/10th of Tesla's accusations are true, my characterization is not incorrect.

And what if 0/10 of Tesla's accusations are true?

Neither of us know if any percent of Tesla's accusations are true. The only thing we do know for certain is that you were willing to jump to conclusions about someone you don't know, without facts, making a public post that calls into question his morals and ethics. That speaks volumes about you.

Reactions: croman and mmd
Look: I have a right to have an opinion with the evidence presented to me at this time. And I have a right to change that opinion as more evidence surfaces.
You have not even see the evidence from the defendant and already jump to conclusion. Just wait and see how this plays out in court.

Kool aid drinkers will just believe anything Tesla says. Remember Tesla lost a lot of court cases over the years.... Eberhard, Fisker, Top Gear.

Update on Tesla / Sterling Anderson:
Moving forward – Sterling Anderson – Medium

"Today, less than three months after filing (and even before we were permitted to file a response) Tesla has withdrawn its claims, without damages, without attorney’s fees, and without any finding of wrongdoing. We have even agreed to reimburse the cost of a future audit to demonstrate the integrity of Aurora’s intellectual property."
I am happy for both Tesla & Sterling that this has all been settled amicably.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Intl Professor
Update on Tesla / Sterling Anderson:
Moving forward – Sterling Anderson – Medium

"Today, less than three months after filing (and even before we were permitted to file a response) Tesla has withdrawn its claims, without damages, without attorney’s fees, and without any finding of wrongdoing. We have even agreed to reimburse the cost of a future audit to demonstrate the integrity of Aurora’s intellectual property."
I am happy for both Tesla & Sterling that this has all been settled amicably.

So they have withdrawn on condition that Tesla gets future audits of Aurora's IP which Aurora even offered to pay for?

So they have withdrawn on condition that Tesla gets future audits of Aurora's IP which Aurora even offered to pay for?
Wow, that's putting some spin on it. A single audit at some point in the future, is not unreasonable - I would imagine that the new company would want to maintain a good relationship with Tesla. That's a good very cost-effective way to do it and assures everyone of good intention.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Wow, that's putting some spin on it. A single audit at some point in the future, is not unreasonable - I would imagine that the new company would want to maintain a good relationship with Tesla. That's a good very cost-effective way to do it and assures everyone of good intention.

Really? from the WSJ:

Both Tesla and Aurora said they reached a settlement agreement on Wednesday. It includes extending a nonsolicitation agreement to Aurora and an audit of the startup's files to ensure that any data allegedly taken wasn't used by Aurora. The startup also agreed to pay Tesla $100,000.
Tesla said in a statement that the settlement "establishes a process to allow Tesla to recover all of the proprietary information that was taken from the company, and it provides for Aurora's computer systems to be subject to ongoing audits to monitor for any improper retention or use of Tesla's property."

Reactions: HumanGenome
If they had evidence that proprietary information had been taken, it wouldn't be dropped. As for $100k, what do you think the cost of fighting a lawsuit would come to? WSJ doesn't always get it right - Aurora says no damages were paid.

Again, I'm glad this is settled, without a court case. That would have been distracting for both companies.

Not true, they could have some evidence but still decide that a settlement that allows from ongoing audits is better than fighting it out in court.
Sure they COULD have that evidence. There are a lot of things that COULD be true.

Reading between the lines (the one that says 'nonsolicitation'), I'm going with a few key employees left Tesla to follow & Tesla needed to stop the exodus. Mission accomplished, everyone is moving on.

Sure they COULD have that evidence. There are a lot of things that COULD be true.

Reading between the lines (the one that says 'nonsolicitation'), I'm going with a few key employees left Tesla to follow & Tesla needed to stop the exodus. Mission accomplished, everyone is moving on.

Even if this is the case then it was a smart move on Tesla's part. Anderson/Aurora use underhanded/unethical tactics to recruit from the inside while still collecting paychecks from Tesla for managing the AP program. Tesla responds in kind.

Even if this is the case then it was a smart move on Tesla's part. Anderson/Aurora use underhanded/unethical tactics to recruit from the inside while still collecting paychecks from Tesla for managing the AP program. Tesla responds in kind.
-sigh- Honestly, you don't know that. For all you know, some employees followed because they believed in him. I've followed bosses before, I've had employees follow me (and nothing underhanded about it).

I am not going to argue with you on any of this. You're clearly determined to pick sides on this. I'm just happy that it's all been resolved & I wouldn't be surprised if there were some collaboration between the companies in the future. I wish them all well.

Tesla has settled its lawsuit against self-driving startup Aurora

In their settlement, Aurora agreed not to recruit any employees or contractors from Tesla until February of next year. Aurora also consented to allow Tesla to run a “forensic audit” conducted by a third-party examiner “in order to determine the absence, presence or use of any Tesla confidential information” stored on devices or accounts owned or controlled by Aurora personnel. The settlement also states that Tesla may conduct a second audit that must be completed by February of next year. Those concessions reflect some of what Tesla wanted in its original lawsuit.

-sigh- Honestly, you don't know that. For all you know, some employees followed because they believed in him. I've followed bosses before, I've had employees follow me (and nothing underhanded about it).

I am not going to argue with you on any of this. You're clearly determined to pick sides on this. I'm just happy that it's all been resolved & I wouldn't be surprised if there were some collaboration between the companies in the future. I wish them all well.

So it is your contention that Tesla lied in their court filing when they claimed that many of their AP engineers have said that they were approached by Sterling Anderson's partner while he was still being paid to run the AP program for Tesla?

You seem determined to downplay any impropriety here, like your false claim that there is only a onetime audit.