TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autosteer oscillation during curves on 2019.40.50.1

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Spock1024, Dec 28, 2019.

?

Do you notice your vehicle oscillating left/right while taking a curve on 2019.40.50.1 autosteer?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Haven't noticed either way

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Spock1024

Spock1024 New Member

Ever since our Model 3 got the update to 2019.40.50.1, we noticed that the autosteer would oscillate within a lane (left/right) during a curve on the highway - does anyone else have this issue?

Previous version would hold the vehicle steady while driving along a curve down the highway.

2. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

I get it also. Doesn't leave it's lane though so this isn't news worthy IMO.

• Disagree x 1
  3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

Noticed it now moves away from close vehicles in adjacent lanes as well as larger trucks.

Seems like it is more aware of it's surroundings than before. Kind of moves around in the lane, more like a human does.

4. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

And frankly I think that is wrong. Humans are fearful creatures whose errors cause 95% of all traffic accidents. Our Teslas should not emulate humans

5. go2realize

go2realize Member

It could be due to different pressures in the 4 tires. I had this issue before the 2019.40.50.1 update. There was a 3 psi difference between the left and right set of tires. The car would oscillate all the time, albeit very subtle movement, but when there is a curve or an while passing an exit, it tries to over correct (I guess) and oscillates a lot. After fixing the tire pressures I stopped having this issue on my route.

6. lolder

lolder Member

Definitely wanders more with this update.

• Like x 1
  7. flyhighboi20

flyhighboi20 Member

I noticed fixing a tire pressure issue helped some, a hard reboot seemed to help for a while then it seemed to slowly get progressively worse although not as bad as before. Which makes me wonder if there is some lag happening after it's been a while since a reboot as my car seems to start steering for the turn late then has to oversteer to correct then has to correct back and takes a few back and forth to get back to center. I did a hard reboot drove a 90 mile trip and it was great, half way through the 90 mile return trip I started noticing the issue coming back. I did have 1 tire that had low pressure but the pressure wasn't changing on the screen so I don't think it was a changing pressure issue.