Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Wh/mi since owning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
282 Wh/m 9141 miles LR

Efficiency improves noticeably with temperature. TeslaFi produces a nice analysis. Virtually straight line in improvement from 66% at temperatures below 0 to 94% above 20C.
So far most of my miles have been in the 5-20 C range which I guess is typical for the UK.

CABD810A-1880-4C25-B486-4951799C50A5.png

298 wh/m 5350 miles. M3P.

Car is just over one year old but 9 months have been on after market 18s and Michelin Cross Climate+.

A range of speeds, town, steady motorway and occasional humiliation of Porsches/Lambos :)

@AMP_it_up Do you mind me asking if that average includes winter driving & presumably some enthusiastic acceleration? If so, that's encouraging to see as the P will presumably be 'worst case'

Yes that includes winter driving where Wh/mi about 50% higher than on a hot day. Car is mostly used for commuting 30 miles to work and back (even in lockdown). Best consumption has been as low as 215 Wh/mi when keeping to speed limit with a couple of overtakes thrown in. However, one day last week the same journey was ~330 Wh/mi due to heavy rain and strong head winds, so weather has a big impact. I noticed that during April and May the lack in traffic due to lockdown increased my consumption because of my higher average speed - it became an exercise in restraint to keep my speed down. On most journeys I like to enjoy the performance at some point, but to be honest I rarely use full throttle because the car is so fast.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger and Drew57