Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whether IR or UV. Both types are damaging to the skin. The Next Big Thing: Infrared Sunscreen
That is absurd. The IR part of the electromagnetic spectrum is much lower energy than the UV part.

At this point we don’t know exactly what has changed about the rear glass in the Model 3 other than its appearance when wet.

Reactions: abasile
Guess this is more of a non-delivery update since we were contacted early this week to schedule our delivery for this weekend...they suggested Thursday, Friday or Saturday would work. We elected for Saturday, they said great. This was to be at the Factory. Husband mentioned to this person that we filled out all our documents a while ago but never got the form for trade-in. Received that, took pictures and sent it in immediately within hours.

A different person then became our email contact. Said would only take 24-48 hours and we would know our final figure. Still on for Saturday but no timeframe given. Nothing Tuesday night, emailed them Wednesday, nothing. We checked last night that all funds had been transferred to our bank (from stock sale to cover) and everything at our end looked good, just didn't know the final amount or how it has to be remitted. Still nothing this morning.

Husband emailed the contact again this morning and did finally get this response: "Apologies for the late response, but I was just informed by our production team that your vehicle will not be available during the initial timeline that we have previously discussed. The moment it is readily available again I will be sure to reach out. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." I'm sorry what does "readily available again" mean? How do you tell someone you're going to have your car ready for delivery and then not. We didn't take out a loan on it so had to make some time-sensitive movements of funds quickly to make sure we could hold up the end of our arrangment and now we still sit and wait and for how long? This by the way is the second time in a few weeks we've been separately contacted by Tesla to set up our delivery of this car. I get that they are super busy at the Factory but this should not be happening to customers.

When does a DA get assigned? I talked to the 888# a couple days ago and found out who my DA is but I still didn't have a VIN at that point.
It's unclear to me based on other people's experience. When I spoke with customer service yesterday, the first thing I asked was if I have a VIN. No. Then I asked if I have a DA. Yes. The customer service rep identified my DA as a female in the Fremont delivery center but was not authorized to give me her contact info. She said, however, that she would reach out to her on my behalf to unstick my white interior change order. It became unstuck later yesterday. This suggests to me, DA before VIN but maybe it differs on a case-by-case basis.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
When does a DA get assigned? I talked to the 888# a couple days ago and found out who my DA is but I still didn't have a VIN at that point.

I had a DA assigned to me like 2-3 weeks before i was assigned a VIN. I also found out i a DA was assigned by calling the 888# however the entire time the DA never reached out to me.

Once i had a vin assigned 8/27/2018, then the DA/ISA reached out to me. It was not the same person that was originally assigned to me previously.

I have a similar config (Black vs MSM +EAP/FSD), res date, same configure date, similar edit button removed date and delivery in Chicago (Highland Ridge).

My delivery date is scheduled for 9/12/2018

Hopefully yours is coming soon!

Good to see another Chicagoan with progress. Congrats. Give me some hope as we reserved on the same day. I omitted EA and hope that doesn't bump me back too much.

I wasn't expecting and boom came out of nowhere. Delivery scheduled pretty early too barring any delays. Also apparently they are delivering 25 cars a day at Chicago-Westmont. They are double booking as well.

• Informative
I wasn't expecting and boom came out of nowhere. Delivery scheduled pretty early too barring any delays. Also apparently they are delivering 25 cars a day at Chicago-Westmont. They are double booking as well.
Hope you have better results then we have. We were supposed to take delivery last week and glass roof had a crack so we are waiting for new roof to arrive and delivery cant give me any idea of an ETA. So no idea when delivery will happen.

Hope you have better results then we have. We were supposed to take delivery last week and glass roof had a crack so we are waiting for new roof to arrive and delivery cant give me any idea of an ETA. So no idea when delivery will happen.

That's been my biggest fear right now and it will probably get worse next week. Did they tell you about the crack or did you find it on day of delivery? Also my appointment is the last one on Saturday. They said the car will be arriving the day before.

I was having radio silence from my IDA and then she called just now saying my car was arriving today and I have 7 days to get financing finalized and set up delivery. Did not expect it to come this fast. Off hand for anyone who has been through the Tesla process before, the $2500 payment made when ordering, does that get credited towards the purchase? Also anyone in San Diego, what did you pay roughly for tax and license?

That's been my biggest fear right now and it will probably get worse next week. Did they tell you about the crack or did you find it on day of delivery? Also my appointment is the last one on Saturday. They said the car will be arriving the day before.
Got a phone call the night before, but missed that. We were heading out to pickup car next morning and they called again as I was unplugging our S to get pick it up.

I was having radio silence from my IDA and then she called just now saying my car was arriving today and I have 7 days to get financing finalized and set up delivery. Did not expect it to come this fast. Off hand for anyone who has been through the Tesla process before, the $2500 payment made when ordering, does that get credited towards the purchase? Also anyone in San Diego, what did you pay roughly for tax and license?
The Tesla site should tell you just what the outstanding balance is based on all the information they have asked you to supply.

Greetings folks

Non-P AWD/Sport Wheels/White Seats waiters, I have good news! That is my config, and I got the call early this morning, with pickup first thing 9/4 (day after labor day) from Freemont. According to the Order Tracker spreadsheet I'm the first in that config to get a delivery date. So if you are still waiting hopefully the dam has broken!

My DA reached out to me via email approximately month and half after I placed the order and a little over 3 weeks prior to the delivery. He included approximate car arrival and delivery dates along with what information he needed from me.

Greetings folks

Non-P AWD/Sport Wheels/White Seats waiters, I have good news! That is my config, and I got the call early this morning, with pickup first thing 9/4 (day after labor day) from Freemont. According to the Order Tracker spreadsheet I'm the first in that config to get a delivery date. So if you are still waiting hopefully the dam has broken!
Nice!!! Thanks so much for the post.

Yes, $1000 initial deposit and $2500 when order was placed were both credited. You should have received MVPA with VIN# on it to process loan with your bank.